1st time solo

CruiseNCL13

I booked my cruise months ago on the NCL Sun for Feb 6, 2013 11 days Southern Caribbean. This will be my 6th cruise. Unfortunately, my cruising buddy will be unable to make the cruise and now I'm stuck with the decision of whether to go alone (very expensive) or cancel. I love cruising and even work a 2nd job just to pay for them. Is anyone out there booked on this cruise? Opinions please on whether to go or cancel and wait for another time. What are cruises just for solos like? Does any cruise line give you a break on the cost. I know the Epic has solo rooms but I need a balcony.

I booked my cruise months ago on the NCL Sun for Feb 6, 2013 11 days Southern Caribbean. This will be my 6th cruise. Unfortunately, my cruising buddy will be unable to make the cruise and now I'm stuck with the decision of whether to go alone (very expensive) or cancel. I love cruising and even work a 2nd job just to pay for them. Is anyone out there booked on this cruise? Opinions please on whether to go or cancel and wait for another time. What are cruises just for solos like? Does any cruise line give you a break on the cost. I know the Epic has solo rooms but I need a balcony.

I would look to see if there's a roll call set up already for your sailing.

I'm not sure what they're like. I just booked my first on the Epic in studio cabin. But if you "need" to have a balcony it's going to be expensive period.

CruiseNCL13, It looks like you enough time to cancel if you so choose with a minimum loss to you, but you do have other options. You could look for someone else to go with you as you have over a year before you sail. You would have up until the final payment date to find someone before cancelling without much of a penalty. As far as travelling solo, you may be surprised, and actually enjoy it more. Yes its more expensive but many of us on this board will tell you how much we enjoy the solo experience. I have done about 15 cruises solo and I have loved all of them. You only have to please yourself and you have much more room in your cabin. To me its well worth the extra cost, but that is something you will have to decide for yourself. Good Luck & Happy sailing.

NCL I feel your pain, I am seriously worried about the expense of trying to cruise solo since the cost is way too high. I also love balconies, haven't been in a different category since my first cruise. I definitely would try to find someone to go with, are you male or female, maybe we could chat. I will also be a 1st time solo since my husband recently past away and I don't want to give up my cruises. Good luck!!!

Archived