Moana Tours in BB

ljtinney

Has anyone booked the 17ft Boston Whaler with Moana Tours. This tour of the BB Lagoon looks very interesting!:) A bit pricey but I want to do a motu picnic in the water..plus....;) We will be on the TP Nov 20th (Marquesas Itinerary)

I did it and it was the best day; a surprise for my husband. It was FANTASTIC. Great snorkeling and all the way around the whole lagoon. We went with Freddie but Frank met us and got us squared away. They were fabulous; Freddie was great, we just had a fantastic time.

We're also interested in Moana's Boston whaler in BB. They list 3 options on their web-site (Blue Lagoon Cruise, Customized Cruise and Manta Ray Safari) with the first one being 50% more expensive for some reason. Which one did you do and did you do it for half a day, full day or what? Also, was the $261 per person or for the boat? If it is for the boat, that's a lot less than they are quoting now for four hours or longer even with the 10% coupon.

Ira

Chrissy......that is alot less than what I have found. How many hours did you go for? Did you do the picnic in the water. I have been emailing Frank and have been discussing the full 6 hour "honeymoon" tour. I want "the works"

I've been hearing about wonderful Albert and thought he was with Moana Tours in BB. I've been e-mailing Frank (Schasse?) from Moana about the Shark and Ray Snorkle. Is Frank a good guide? Would I be better off booking the Aqua Safari helmet dive via Princess? Thanks! Also, does Moana Tours provide snorkle equipment on the Shark & Ray Snorkle? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Lauren, I looked at this website yesterday. I've always wanted to see the mantas and we tried to snorkel with them on the Big Island of Hawaii last year (night dive/snorkel) but they did not come that night. But snorkeling at night was quite something, with huge lights shining up from the sea floor. Anyway, it looks like this tour is just for divers, did you get that impression? I sure would like to see those mantas some day!

I booked the Boston Whaler for 4 hours the afternoon we get to BB on the TP (September 18). I know from my research that there is definitely an area known for manta rays in the lagoon and I am really excited about snorkeling with them -- we're avid snorkelers and have always wanted to do this. It will hopefully complement some of our other exciting experiences like snorkeling with sea lions or hearing humpback whales singing while snorkeling. Two of our friends (non-snorkelers) may join us, if not I'll ask on the ship if anyone wants to join us. If we wind up just the two of us, that's also ok ... more expensive but still not unreasonable.

Chrissy, thanks for your wonderful feedback on this excursion.

Ira

Archived