Star Princess or Radiance of the Seas?

ripgrif

Hello

My husband and I are planning a trip with another couple, it will be the first cruise for all of us.

We have decided on the Western Caribbean, now we are not sure of who we should go with. We are looking at Princess on the Star and Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas. I like the thought of going to Labadee over Princess Cays and RC is about 200 cheaper for the balcony. Does anyone have and recomendations. My sister really wants to pick which ever one has the better ship experience. Do most cruises show movies at night?

Thanks a bunch.

I know nothing about Princess directly, but for a first timer - this is a split choice. Both ships about the same age, I assume Star has many of the same ammenities.

Princess offers the freestyle dining, I can't comment much on it - but that would be difference to consider. Read and ask more specifics over in the Princess section.

Radiance has a move theater, that will show a few movies thruout the week. And usually one decent movie over the TV. There is a ship in RCI that now has a large screen on the pool deck, but I forget now who. We personally get plenty of TV/Movies at home, so trying different stuff on a cruise is a nice break.

Bottom line, they might be different, but I imagine four friends would have a very difficult time finding fault with either.

• 3 weeks later...

We're doing Radiance in October. Lots of glass & great views. I've been on Royal twice before & loved it. Haven't been on Princess. Have you checked out the Photo Gallery on this site? You might be able to find pictures of each ship. I know Radiance pix are on there. I'm sure you'll have a great time whichever you choose:)

Archived