Leaving on Victory this Sunday

Harbie

Do you really want info or are you just rubbing it in to those of us that have to wait till March;)

Have fun, You don't have to plan everything, research ideas, locations and be a little spontaneous. Don't sweat the little things and just relax and enjoy. Let us know how it was, as I said some of us are still a ways out and love reading every little tidbit.

Leaving in 24 days!!! Been to St Thomas, very crowded and good if you like to buy gold. Just know that if you go to the french side of St Maarten you may see some "nekkid" folks!

Have fun, I'm sssooo ready.

Just got off on Sunday (Jan 1-8). Cruise was great and so was weather. All ports were quiet (re not many ships).

Got on ship at 11:30am - we were 1st to check in around 11:00am. Stopped at Duty Free....in terminal and were on Lido Deck having lunch at noon.

Food and Entertainment good, 2 deck parties at night which I find lots of fun. Juggler and Magician were the best in the shows.

Debarkation was smooth.

Word of caution, ask for price of cab fare before you leave. (6 people and 6 suit cases) We paid $26.00 to go to pier and on way to Airport were expecting to pay the same, but we didn't ask before - the guy wanted to charge us $40.00 - we argued and paid $28.00. We had the same amount of pieces and people both ways.....

Have a blast!!!!

We also just returned from the Jan.1-8 cruise! You're going to LOVE IT! We want to do it again. Be sure to order the Warm Chocolate Melting cake, and hit those self serve ice cream machines! If you don't like chaos, avoid the lido deck for breakfast. It only took us 30 min. to have breakfast in the dining room. We did not have any trouble with those "vicious" seahorses on the stairs: and I can't figure out what all the fuss is about. ha! Go to the airport beach on St. Maarten! That was a blast! The St. Kitts RR was fun. Room service has lots of good choices! Enjoy your cruise!

We also just returned from the Jan.1-8 cruise! You're going to LOVE IT! We want to do it again. Be sure to order the Warm Chocolate Melting cake, and hit those self serve ice cream machines! If you don't like chaos, avoid the lido deck for breakfast. It only took us 30 min. to have breakfast in the dining room. We did not have any trouble with those "vicious" seahorses on the stairs: and I can't figure out what all the fuss is about. ha! Go to the airport beach on St. Maarten! That was a blast! The St. Kitts RR was fun. Room service has lots of good choices! Enjoy your cruise!

What time did you go to and leave Maho beach? Have heard from others that traffic in the afternoon is pretty heavy, but that's when the bigger planes arrive, so just curious how it all worked out for you.

Have a great time! Rarely a day goes by that we don't talk about something from our Victory cruise 3 years ago.

If you have time...Raices Restaurant in OSJ for Mofongo

I am cruising with Harbie and we've been looking for a good place to try the Mofongo! Thanks for the suggestion. Is it close to the port or forts?

No not rubbing it in-seriously......I greatly appreciate all the kind words from everyone...It is nice to have this Cruise Critic site..So many nice people in this world ::) and I hope to attempt my first review WITH photos upon return because I know how much I enjoy and appreciate when others do that.

I am cruising with Harbie and we've been looking for a good place to try the Mofongo! Thanks for the suggestion. Is it close to the port or forts?

It's very close to the port in OSJ. Head up towards OSJ about 2-3 blocks and it's right in front of the parking garage.

Just a pointer: raices means roots in Spanish, make sure you go to the actual "Restaurante Raices," and not "The Latin Roots" restaurant. We ended up at Latin Roots, on accident. The food was indeed delicious, but we would have rather went to Raices for the experience. Make sure to google restaurante raices to get a picture of the place.

We were there from 10:00-2:30. When we got there the guy was putting up chairs and umbrellas, but there were a limited number. Fortunately we got some, but lots of people later in the day weren't able to get chairs and just sat in the sand. The traffic can be heavy, especially if the draw bridge is up-letting boats in the harbor.

Archived