Legend or Magic?

TheSailinSOB

Hi all,

I am in debates whether to do the Legend with just hubby? Or the Magic with kids and hubby in October.

I have been on Legend and know it's awesome but I haven't really seen too much on Magic. I like both Itineraries.

We would have to fly to Tampa, but we could drive to Galveston. AHHHH

If anyone has been on both, any input would be awesome.:)

Wish I could help you. I have been on the Legend, and its BY FAR the best vacation I've ever had. I am trying to get the ball rolling on setting a cruise up for my honeymoon on the Magic. So ask me after the cruise in 5 months, Ill let you know! lol

Hi all,

I am in debates whether to do the Legend with just hubby? Or the Magic with kids and hubby in October.

I have been on Legend and know it's awesome but I haven't really seen too much on Magic. I like both Itineraries.

We would have to fly to Tampa, but we could drive to Galveston. AHHHH

If anyone has been on both, any input would be awesome.:)

Come on down to Galveston! We sailed on the Magic over Christmas and are going again in May. LOVED this ship and we are not big fans of the large cruise ships. Between the ropes course, the water slides and water works area, the kids clubs, the variety of food available at lunch in various places, the Red Frog Pub or Cucina del Capitano for the best $12 a person you'll every spend on dinner, IMHO you enjoy the Magic. Found all the staff and crew to be friendly and very helpful, the shows were excellent, overall it was one of the best Cruises we've ever been on! Since we live in Galveston we Cruise out of here at least twice a year, I don't understand why some people think embarkation and debarkation from here are the "worst". Again IMHO I think Galveston is better than other home ports as here there are not only seperate lines for those with Passports vs Birth Certificates, or US vs non-US citizens but the porters have lines for them only meaning they get turned around a bit faster. Yes when the Magic 1st arrived things may have been a bit slow or confusing but this was because the port was use the a Fantasy or Conquest Class ship. The Magic is much larger has more passengers and takes longer in general to debark. But wich ever ship you you chose the one thing you can be sure of you'll have a great time!

Wish I could help you. I have been on the Legend, and its BY FAR the best vacation I've ever had. I am trying to get the ball rolling on setting a cruise up for my honeymoon on the Magic. So ask me after the cruise in 5 months, Ill let you know! lol

Magic was not a good fit for my honeymoon.

Magic was not a good fit for my honeymoon.

I tend to agree that "Magic" would not be as good for a honeymoon, as the smaller, more intimate "Legend". Just seems to me that for a honeymoon, you might want a bit less of what the "Magic" offers more of! :D Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

"SKY"

• 2 months later...

Hello Carnival fans - I, too, would really like some input on this. We are trying to make the same decision.

Hi Janet :-), we missed the Christmas Cruise as you may recall. So we are looking at Magic or Legend for end of August. Same itineraries - except Legend has a 4th stop/Cayman. I do recall that you liked the Magic and am glad to be reminded of the reasons why. And like the OP, we can drive to Galveston - have to fly to Tampa for the Legend. For the same money - we'd get an oceanview on Magic or an extended balcony on Legend. We can fly free to Tampa, but we still have to deal with air travel vs. just driving. We'd really like to try the Magic but the CC reviews are not terrific. Not sure why. It's gets 68% overall and Legend gets almost 90%. People really seem to like the Legend. What to do, what to do. Anyone else out there have thoughts on this? Janet - do you have more to add? Have you been on the Legend?

Would LOVE some more input on this question Carnival fans. THANKS!

OH - and we have a 6yr old who has never been on a cruise with a water slide. He wants to try Carnival just for THAT. You know kids. Anyway - kid fun is important to us too. SO - I am thinking that the Magic has a bit more to offer on that front, or at least bigger if not more. Don't know if that's better though. Anyway - thoughts on the kid differences between the two are welcome also. Thanks, thanks - Melissa

Archived