Planning Carnival again...!!!

cluelyss18

Hi all! These boards have come in handy over the last few years for our previous trips and I'm excited to say we are planning yet again! This time we are looking at the trip leaving from San Juan on May 20, on the Carnival Victory. This will be a trip to celebrate my boyfriend's big 4-0!!!

I am looking for any tips, hints, pointers.

So far there are 6 of us, myself and my bf (29/40), my parents (63/69), another couple (also in their 60s). We are a group of fun-loving people and love to try new things! He and I have been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten before so we are really looking for any tips for the other 3 islands. I will be studying these boards over the next couple months, but anything you feel is important, feel free to shout! I would love to hear about the ship, also...anything good/bad! Please tell me it will be better than the Miracle...we weren't that crazy about that ship.

P.S. we are flying from Boston so we're looking for transportation from Providence, RI area to Boston at like 2am.....anyone have any ideas? I'm a deal-seeker so obviously I'm looking for the best price.

Train and bus are out since the times don't work for us.

There is no rental car company that lets you rent a mini van for a couple hours and leave it at another location? The ones I looked at are so high in price!

Soooo I'm wicked excited that we finally decided on a trip, and hopefully there will be other family and friends deciding to come with us!!

P.S.S. does anyone know what the weather is generally like at this time of year?

P.S.S.S. the flights I'm looking at will get us into San Juan around 11:30 am, is there a liquor store near the port? What time can we get on the ship? I'm curious what we will do with our bags, since I'm hoping to explore the port area a bit, and would rather NOT carry my luggage all around with me.

Thanks in advance for any info!! :)

Archived