Help with Autoprogresso

munchkin4

I have tried 2 different email addresses that are listed on the Autoprogresso Website. Both have been sent back as undeliverable. Anyone else had this happen or have any ideas?

My question to ask them is if we do the walking tour on our own where they take us to Merida, give us a map and then we catch the bus back at our leisure....what is the earliest that leaves Progresso?

Any help appreciated.

Mr Dawson can probably provide more information on taking the regular transportation to Merida from Progreso. Buses leave often (and come back often) and cost about 3 dollars. Download a map from YucatanToday.com and you will be all set to have your own, inexpensive adventure. The area is very safe and the people friendly.

We were just there 2 weeks ago. The Bus station is just a few blocks from where the cruiseship drop off point is. The Autoprogreso bus left every 10 minutes. We missed one that was there as we arrived. We bought our tickets and sure enough another bus was there minutes later. We were making great time until we get into downtown Merida. The bus ended up taking a full hour there. About 45-50 minutes on the way back. The bus stop in Merida is only a short walk to the Cathedral and main square. We took a carriage ride from there ($25) to the beautiful wealthy streets of Merida. Afterward we went to the Arts and Crafts market for some shopping. After spending 3.5 hours in Merida we headed back to the bus and since we already had our return tickets we jumped on the bus already there. We were the only cruiseship passengers on the way to Merida. On the way back there were 2 other groups. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks so much for the info. Since we have to be back at the ship by 2:00 or 2:30, we kind of wanted to go into town pretty early....like 8:00ish. Then we should have the time to sit on the beach for awhile. Your info was a big help. As we get closer I may have more questions.

Oooopppppssss!! My mistake. When I typed their email address I put 2 "s" in it and there is only 1. "autoprogreso.com"

So, after getting it in there correctly, I got an immediate reply.

The busses run from 5 am to 10 pm and run every 10 minutes. That will work perfect for us.

Hope this info helps someone else!! Excited about finally getting to Merida.

You will love Merida! Enjoy the main square and don't miss having a sherbet at the Sorbeteria Colon there; it has been operating since 1906! My favorites are coconut and lemon, although the banana is excellent as well. Local exotic fruit such as mamey, guanabana and zapote are also often available. Do NOT get chocolate or strawberry as these are not from the area!

Archived