Taking a sons friend

beach410

Yes, you need a notorized letter from the parents of the friend stating you have permission for him to travel with you on the ship and to the ports. Also, be sure to get a medical release waiver in case of accident so you can authorize treatment if required. Other documents like B/C or passport, same requirements as you have.

Yes, you need a notorized letter from the parents of the friend stating you have permission for him to travel with you on the ship and to the ports. Also, be sure to get a medical release waiver in case of accident so you can authorize treatment if required. Other documents like B/C or passport, same requirements as you have.

Thanks so much!

Also, make sure the letter states that you can authorize his participation in any onboard activities and/or Camp Carnival. As well as authorization for medical emergencies, you want it to state that you can make any and all transportation/travel arrangements that may become necessary during the trip.

I agree with all responses so far! We took our son's friend with us a couple of times. Although Carnival never asked, we had a notarized letter from his parent's, giving us full custody during the cruise. And don't forget to get a copy of his birth certificate with RAISED seal on it! They DID ask to see this! They will NOT accept a copy without the raised seal on it.

:cool:Bill

What you need may depend on the age of the friend:)

We took my son's friend last summer, he was 13. I found some forms for the kids club on Carnival's website, you might want to check those out and see if those need to be signed by a parent.

We also had the notarized letter and birth certificate which I just handed it while checking in for the cruise and through customs.

Archived