passport stamping

My kids want to see if they can get their passports stamped at the various ports that we'll be at next week. I know they don't stamp them upon boarding but is there a way to get them stamped at the islands?

At each port, the local government has an immigration / customs office, and their representatives "mass-clear" the ship upon arrival, which allows the passangers to get off without going through the local formalities. That being said, it is indeed possible to go to the local immigration office and see if one of the officials will stamp for you. However, in our experience, the only island that has ever accomodated us have been Aruba, but that doesn't mean it's not worth the effort.

Good luck, hope your kids get lots of stamps.

Michael & Silke

hi,

my family also tries to get passport stamps. if you are on the itin that has you going to grand cayman, the office was to the left of the tender dock. just ask the caymanian people are very friendly. ocho riios, not to sure. in cozumel you would have to go to the aiport. that is what i was adv last year. good luck, as it is fun just for the adventure of it.

richerscales

I went thought several countries in Europe and only got my passport stamped twice. Once in the EU and once out. Countries visited: England, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Gremany, Spain, and Portgual. That probably would have filled my passport if they had stamped it everytime.

I went thought several countries in Europe and only got my passport stamped twice. Once in the EU and once out. Countries visited: England, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Gremany, Spain, and Portgual. That probably would have filled my passport if they had stamped it everytime.

I have had luck in some of the "micro-states" of Europe...Liechtenstein, San Marino, Andorra, and Monaco. They usually charge a small fee, perhaps 1 or 2 Euro's, but it's a real hoot to have stamps from these out-of-the-way countries. Having a Vatican City State stamp would be interesting, but right now I think they have a few other things on their mind.

Michael

Being Canadian, I've had my passport held by the Purser several times. (Not the last three cruise however :confused: ). At any rate, my passport was never stamped. The only stamps in my current passport are the ones done in Miami by US officials.

I saw on these boards a couple of weeks ago that someone said thPurser told them that if they would leave the passport with them the night before each stop that they would get them stamped. It would be worth asking the first day to see if they would.smile.gif

I saw on these boards a couple of weeks ago that someone said thPurser told them that if they would leave the passport with them the night before each stop that they would get them stamped. It would be worth asking the first day to see if they would.smile.gif

I am not sure I would be willing to turn over my passports for night to do this though. Do you think they would be safe?

I am not sure I would be willing to turn over my passports for night to do this though. Do you think they would be safe?

They'll be very safe. Up until recently all non-US passengers were required to relinquish their passports to the Purser for the duration of the cruise.

Hi

We are going to visit, New Orleans, Cozumel, Grand Caymans, Aruba, San Juan, St Thomas, St Maartin, Grand Bahama Island & Baltimore.

Would the purser stamp all these destinations?

I think I will need my passport back at San Juan to go through customs though, would it get stamped then?

How would I find the purser to ask about stamping my passport? Do you tip him for this? Would they say no?

Thanks!

Archived