NOLA during the week

hlb76

We are heading back to NOLA at the end of the month... we get in about 3pm on a Tues and don't sail until Thurs. Just wondering if we go to say Jackson Square will there be the street artist and such out and about. We really enjoyed this when we where there last but of Course it was a Sunday

We where there in Oct with the kids so we did not hit up any bars. Here is what we did.....

WWII muesum _ was really neat but packed so I did not get to enjoy it to the fullest

Walked to the Riverwalk did some window shopping and had lunch.

Did a cemetery tour with New Orleans Spirit tours..this was a hight light we had the guide Adam and he was AMAZING!!!

Walked down to Jackson Square and watched a little bit of the street preformers would of liked to experience more around there but we where tired, hot and hungry.

Went to the Flea market and walked around. I would normally enjoy this but it was packed and everyone wanted to go in different directions so I about lost my mind trying to keep track of everyone in my group.

Rode the St Charles Street car...this was a lot of fun for the couple bucks it cost us. It was neat to see all the houses and watch for beads EVERYWHERE.

We had fun and can't wait to get back!

We are heading back to NOLA at the end of the month... we get in about 3pm on a Tues and don't sail until Thurs. Just wondering if we go to say Jackson Square will there be the street artist and such out and about. We really enjoyed this when we where there last but of Course it was a Sunday

The artists are out most days depending on weather. You will also be down there during carnival so more COULD be going on.

When I read reviews of New Orleans, everyone seems to talk about one bar or the other in the French Quarter, Bourbon Street etc.

What are the suggestions for non-drinkers?

Thanks[/quote)

If you like museums, amazing food, great music, cool shopping and some of the best people watching anywhere -then yes, I can definitely make suggestions!

What do you like to do?

Mardi Gras is Tuesday, February 21st. Festivities should begin around February 4th but most of the larger parades will begin the weekend of February 10th. The end of January should still be pretty mild around the Quarter...well, as "mild" as the Quarter can be! :D

I don't think you will have trouble finding things to do. I'm sure the street artists will be out and about. Enjoy your stay!

When I read reviews of New Orleans, everyone seems to talk about one bar or the other in the French Quarter, Bourbon Street etc.

If you like museums, amazing food, great music, cool shopping and some of the best people watching anywhere -then yes, I can definitely make suggestions!

What do you like to do?

All of the above and photography. We will be in New Orleans for a few days before going on the American Queen.

Thanks.

All of the above and photography. We will be in New Orleans for a few days before going on the American Queen.

Thanks.

Well... NOLA definately has some amazing photo opportunities as well as galleries to view other's work.

My favorite site to explore restaurants is nomenu.com

Museum wise my favorite is WWII, but I gotta tell ya I really like the Insectarium which is a kid place but I thought it was so cool.

People watching happens anywhere in the Quarter, just pick a bench or cafe table and enjoy!

Shopping The French Market, Royal and around the Square. But there are shops throughout the Quarter.

Music-well that depends on what you like.....

Archived