Drury Inn New Orleans

mdtcoll

Hi, Considering staying here for a few nights prior to our cruise. Any of you who have stayed there, if you could tell me good and bad rooms to reserve I would appreciate it. I have read that some rooms are very dark and some are noisy.

Thanks in advance.

We have also stayed here twice (before cruises) and have very positive experiences. Nothing bad about it. On the morning of your cruise you should be able to see the ship from the top floor pool area or from the top floor exercise room. Have fun!

I've stayed there 3 or 4 times. Never had a noisy room. I like it a lot--you can usually get a better price there than lots of other hotels. For the money, it's one of the better hotels in the area I think.

I've only ever stayed in standard rooms, I think.

I just booked this room:

1 King Bed Deluxe Accessible Non-Smoking (NKHX): This deluxe non-smoking accessible room features one king bed and comfortable seating. In-room amenities include a microwave, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, alarm clock and coffee service. You'll also find a 32" LCD television with premium channels, featuring HBO, our exclusive movie channel. Stay connected while out on the road with free local and long distance calls, voicemail and free wireless Internet access.

May I semi-hijack this thread with a couple of related questions? We want to book now for the Friday&Saturday after Thanksgiving.

1. Does the Drury offer full cancellation refunds (if within a reasonable time)

2. Do they have roll-away beds?

3. How is the breakfast and afternoon snacks?

May I semi-hijack this thread with a couple of related questions? We want to book now for the Friday&Saturday after Thanksgiving.

1. Does the Drury offer full cancellation refunds (if within a reasonable time)

2. Do they have roll-away beds?

3. How is the breakfast and afternoon snacks?

1. YES

2. Not sure

3A. YES

3B. Click HERE.

You can call them to see about roll away beds. Their web site might have details on that too? Have a great cruise next Nov. If you have kids with you they will like the roof top pool and hot tub. On the day of your cruise you can go to the roof top pool area and see the ship(s) in the distance. You can also see the port area from the window in the fitness room on the top floor. Have fun.

I'm staying there next Saturday night before our cruise on the Conquest. Will let you know when we get back!

Have 2 rooms booked with 2 queen beds in each. Booked them on e-saver and price was $119 plus tax for each room.

We are staying there next Saturday night also. I have stayed there before. It's a nice hotel.

Very good, I will give the Drury a ring then, thank you. I like the idea of seeing the ship from the rooftop - the cruise is a surprise to the kids, they think they are just going to New Orleans!

That is so cool. Glad I mentioned the part about looking for the ship in the am. Our kids are young adults now and we still talk about doing that. Happy cruising! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

@Thunderwoods -

Have a cautionary story for you. Many years ago we (DW and 2 sons) took a friend to JFK for a business trip. At the gate we surprised our grade school-age boys that we too would board and fly to SFO, WOW! Never mind wow. Lead balloon! The little guy wanted to go home and get his favorite toy for the trip. I forgot what it was, probably some LEGO or Hot Wheels. I mean, the kid was absolutely crestfallen. We had packed some of his toys and activity stuff, but not his favorite! He did get over it eventually, and we had a great vacation.

I hope your kids don't prefer to stay at the hotel in New Orleans. :)

via iPod touch and Tapatalk.

Archived