Jungle Beach Break

Nike Jo

Hi,

We are planning on going to Costa Maya in early Feburary, and were wanting to do the jungle beach break. We will be in Costa Maya from 7am to 3pm, does anyone know how early we will be able to get on the provided transportation to

Uvero Beach? Has anyone ever done this excursion through Royal Carribean? What was it like?

Thanks

Hi,

We are planning on going to Costa Maya in early Feburary, and were wanting to do the jungle beach break. We will be in Costa Maya from 7am to 3pm, does anyone know how early we will be able to get on the provided transportation to

Uvero Beach? Has anyone ever done this excursion through Royal Carribean? What was it like?

Thanks

We did Uvero beach several years ago through Carnival. (Our Holiday cruise). We were able to board a bus the moment we arrived in port. Spent the day drinking Margaritas. Had a great time. I wasn't really crazy about the water clarity on the beach (I'm a beach-freak).

However, they have a long pier. You can walk out to beautiful water...pier used to have a ladder. T'was fabulous.

If you're a real partier, I'd consider this. Otherwise, head over to Majuahal where you'll find pretty water, cheap massages, cheap cold beer and $5 Margaritas...

Thank you for all of your responses! I am a little confused about these two beaches. Are they the same distance from the pier? Is transportation provided for the beach break in Majahaul? Is Majahual a city or just a beach? How far is it to Majahual?

Nike Jo,

I went last February and didn't do an excursion. I just got off the ship, went through the shopping area immediately off the pier, following signs to the bus. For $3 I took the bus to Majahual and walked around shopping, lazing on the beach, and stopped for a beer at one of the local bars -- there were plenty around. Also plenty of opportunities for a beach massage and rental boats and snorkel trips nearby. I was approached often and called to as I walked to come look at items for sale, so be prepared.

Since it was unfamiliar territory to me, and I was alone, I didn't swim out to the reef to snorkel, but it was still an enjoyable trip.

Are they the same distance from the pier? Is transportation provided for the beach break in Majahaul? Is Majahual a city or just a beach? How far is it to Majahual?

The cruiseline excursion to Uvero is about a half-hour bus ride (transportation in cluded). The beach break from http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaBeach.htm is in Majahual (a small beachside village 2 miles from the pier), a 5-minute bus/cab ride from the port ($3 per person) followed by a 5-minute walk to Pez Quadro (a beachside bar that is the location of the beach break).

JWlane and other friends,

Thanks again for your responses. We will be traveling next Feb., and we are pretty new to cruising, and I have never done a shore excursion. Is it still reliable and safe to book through this website and not RCC? It sounds to me like the Majuahaul beach break would be better because the travel time is shorter? What do you think? This one still has the open bar like Uvero doesn't it? We are in port from 7am to 3pm, when would be able to get the provided transportion to and from the beach? Is it provided? Who do we know to look for once we get off the ship? Thanks

Nike Jo

Island Marketing, LTD. is operating as an advertising/"booking agent" for several independent businesses in several ports (Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya), and I have yet to see any negative comments on this board about them or their services.

The excursion does have open bar, and the option to pre-arrange lunch for extra $$ (still very reasonable, I liked the shrimp the best, the lobster was good, though). You just exit the port facility, purchase and take the ride into town, and walk the short distance down to the bar. They probably open at 9am.

• 4 months later...

anyone know what a cab to uvero would cost each way for 2 people? is there a separate admission to beach if you take this approach?

we are considering the beach break excursion through carnival for 39 each but are not big drinkers - the other beach at mahajaul sounds too crowded to me

Archived