Adventure Oceans Question

lonegirl

We are going on the Allure in March. My question is regarding AO. My son is 5. Now the thing is he has been reading for over a year now (grade 2 chapter books), he has his own computer and video games. He is very advanced and prefers to do stuff with older kids. We went on the Oasis for 2 weeks when he was not yet 4 and he did the Aquanauts. Week 1 he had fun but by week 2 he was terribly bored and kept asking us about going to the Explorers room.

My question is....how much of a stickler are they with age?

You can ask on the first day about moving your child up, but the conselors will tell you that they prefer that your child starts the week in there own age group. They will then watch your child to see if they act mature, bored etc...Then they will let them try an afternoon with the next group and if they seem like they can handle it , they will let them stay. However it is their call and you have to live with there decision. Have a great cruise.

It also depends on how many kids there are in the program. If the 3-5 are loaded and the 6-8 are not then it is easier for them to do it (especially if they have many 3 yrs). This is what happened with us. They put some (10) children up a group to the 6-8 yr old. Our gg stayed as she is small for her age.

Archived