Miami Hotel Close to Tri Rail

irishayes

Hi all!

We are flying into West Palm Beach to pick our daughter up from college and then taking the South Florida Tri-Rail to Miami before we depart on our 3/4/12 NCL Pearl cruise.

We need suggestions for a hotel near the Tri Rail, but that will also have free shuttle to POM. I don't really know where the Tri Rail station is in Miami, or whether it is close to POM.

Any suggestions which area/hotels I should be looking for?

Thank you!!!

The only hotels offering free POM shuttles are located near the MIA airport - La Quinta East is a budget option popular with cruisers, and the Embassy Suites is a higher end option. Both of these hotels offer free shuttles from MIA - I think the TriRail shuttle will get you to MIA. Good luck! :)

Or here's another question. I see a good rate at the Downtown Hilton, but they do not have a free shuttle service.

They suggested a taxi, but that is around $65. Can anyone suggest a shuttle or public transportation that could get us to the hotel from MIA?

None of the downtown Miami or Miami Beach hotels offer free shuttle service to POM, but a taxi should only cost $10-12 +tip. Downtown hotels popular with cruisers include the Hyatt, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn (mixed reviews :o), Doubletree and Marriott. A taxi to any of these from MIA should cost about $25+tip, so the fare should be less from your tri-rail station.

It may be easier and cheaper for you to rent a car from PBI. You can stay cheaper near either the PBI or FLL airports than in Miami, return the car to MIA and the use the free POM shuttle offered by Alamo/National and some of the others. Good luck! :)

OK, I ended up getting the Marriott Courtyard Downtown Miami on Priceline for $105. Hope that was a good deal :/

I looked at the Tri Rail, and it looks like we can transfer to the Miami Metrorail and take that to within .4 mile of the hotel. Is it feasible to walk to our hotel from the Metrorail stop?

OK, I ended up getting the Marriott Courtyard Downtown Miami on Priceline for $105. Hope that was a good deal :/

I looked at the Tri Rail, and it looks like we can transfer to the Miami Metrorail and take that to within .4 mile of the hotel. Is it feasible to walk to our hotel from the Metrorail stop?

Daytime, yes. After dark you are better off with a taxi. Have a great cruise. :)

It shouldn't be a bad walk from the Knight Center Station on the Metro Mover to the Marriott.

Archived