Preparing for Atlantis Allure

discocherry

What should first timers know about the Allure trip?

We're wondering what we will need in terms of clothing/costuming...

I read somewhere that the dress code is always casual... is it helpful/fun to have more formal dress available?

Also, what's needed for the various parties?

And what's this I hear about door decorations? ;-)

Hi. Welcome Virgins!

We will also be on Allure. This will be our 5th Atlantis cruise.

It is always casual, there are no formal nights. We usually wear long pants and collared ****s to the main dining room and for specialty restaurants. Some wear shorts or jeans. There will be a lot of costumes. We generally don't costume, but it is fun to see all of the creativity. Did you get the email describing the party themes? White Party and the Dog Tag Tea Dance are really popular. For the White Party the ship's photographers are set up near the party for photo ops.

Oh the door decor! The gays are very creative. The doors are metal so magnets are great to use. We have had pics and our names on the doors. Anything you can imagine will be on the doors. Boas seem to be popular. I would not put anything on your door you cherish. Some boys are jerks and will steal.

It is such a welcoming environment and it is wonderful to be the majority for one week of the year. The crew are amazing. We've met some wonderful friends on board.

Feel free to post more questions. There are a fair number of Atlantis/RSVP cruisers on this board.

Welcome

I read somewhere that the dress code is always casual... is it helpful/fun to have more formal dress available?

Atlantis will email you the cruise booklet with most all the information you will need to know about your cruise including parties and dress code. You should get this sometime next week. There are no formal nights and every thing is casual; however, people do dress nicely for dinner...Jeans, slacks, etc. Regarding the parties I will paste this from the Atlantis website for the Allure cruise. You don't have to dress up if you don't want to...some do; some don't. It's completely optional...but you will see a lot of creativity. Yes, some people like to be creative and decorate their cabin doors. It completely optional if want. I would say maybe a 1/3 to 1/2 decorate their cabin doors.

Mardi Glow

Mash-up our classic Mardi Gras event and newly popular Shine party to get the silliest, sparkly night you’ve ever seen. Ignite your imagination and think light-up parade, dazzling dancer, glowing accessories, and anything else that begets a bright fantasy. Tourists encouraged. Light-up spectacles abound.

Into the Deep

Embrace the mystery and myth of the sea with a shimmering party that runs as deep as your imagination. Stout sailors, cryptic pirates, and underwater explorers meet sea creatures, mythical beasts, mermaids and more. Swimmers, native island inhabitants, and the occasional lost cruise ship passenger welcome.

White Party

The longest-running, most popular, and most infamous party on the high seas continues into 2012. Dazzle us with your originality in the color that everybody looks great in.

Dog Tag T-Dance

Now that our military members can come out to play, we thought it’s time for a little creative interpretation of how cleverly military uniforms can be adapted. Civilians welcome. Dog Tags provided.

Revival Classic Disco T-Dance

The spirit of the 70s returns for 2 zany hours of retro fun when we all had too much real hair and a fascination with artificial fabrics.

Over the Rainbow T-Dance

This one isn’t just about Dorothy or the last scary multicolor tube-top you saw at Pride. But that’s a start. Join us as a singular color from your own personal rainbow, an Oz-like inspiration, or the worst combination of colors you can pull together. And if you’re just “over” the rainbow, come as you are and enjoy!

Although this is my 12th cruise....I am also an Atlantis virgin!

I am so excited! This gave me a great reson to go clothes shopping!

I will be swooping out to buy boas....LOL

I am not one to costume either, but we did buy some clothign that will fit the theme parties, and work as day-wear in the real world...LOL :eek:

Paul

Is it casual to the point that we'll be out of place in jackets at dinner in one of the nicer restaurants?

I think you will like good in a jacket. We generally wear cotton pants (pressed) and a cotton or linen button down shirt to dinner. You'll look a little more dressed up than us. Personally I appreciate the guys who "dress" for dinner.

A tux might be out of place, but if it makes you feel good to wear it-- I say go for it.

We booked our entertainment. We are excited for Alec Mapa and Idina Menzel. Miss Ridgefield is always entertaining. I've read good reviews of the Dame Edna Experience. I'm going to miss Pamala Stanley. This will be my first Atlantis cruise without her.

What's everyone doing in Cozumel? We've booked Chacchoben through Native Choice in Costa Maya, but haven't put a lot of thought into Cozumel... maybe we'll stay on the ship!

My partner (Bob) and I are going to Nachi Cocom Beach Club. It is $59 for a day pass, all inclusive. We are toying with the idea of doing the RCI Tulum Express excursion in the morning, but it may be way too much to pack into one day. Tulum Express is from 7:30AM until 2PM.

We will probably do the ruins in Costa Maya, through RCI.

So besides costumes for the party... what kinds and how much clothing do you pack? What do you wish you had been told to pack before your first time?

It will be very casual, usually shorts or less most of the time, evening many but not all where long pants not necessarily dress pants and a button down shirt.

Doors are decorated by a lot of people, many with pictures of past cruises to dry wipe boards for messages, if you have an interior balcony those too are often decorated, this is all optional of course, number one rule have fun and make new friends

The a/c system is designd to cope with with 100 degree outside air temps so they can tend to be chilly you have a thermostat adjustment in your cabin however the public rooms might be chilly you WILL need warm clothes if you chill easy if you plan to be on deck at night. can be windy at sea. .

On Allure, in addition to the door decorations, there are also balcony decorations for those of us with an interior facing balcony. Mine will be the 'Tiki Lounge' above Johnny Rockets. :)

Also, the Block Party on Sunday Night at 10:30 has been designated the Un-Official Official Underwear Party. If you feel like it and want to get the party started off in style, come to the Block Party in your favorite undies!

So looking forward to this cruise! Hope to see you all on board!

Also, the Block Party on Sunday Night at 10:30 has been designated the Un-Official Official Underwear Party. If you feel like it and want to get the party started off in style, come to the Block Party in your favorite undies!

Definitely down for that!

So excited to see you guys go out on the Port Everglades webcam last Sunday and then to "peek" in on you through Allure's Webcams, especially for the 70's or Disco party today (Wednesday)! I hope everybody had a great time.

We leave on the Summit next month out of Puerto Rico. So excited, we can't wait!

Now that I'm home (omg epic cruise), to answer my own questions for some future forum browser...

Re: costumes... we took a bit too much in terms of clothing... all we really needed was appropriate underwear and accessories for each theme. It's too hot to dance in more ;-)

Re: casual vs formal... I was glad to have long pants and nice shirts to wear to dinner, and glad that I didn't go through the hassle of packing a jacket. Saw lots of designer clothes on the boat, so if that's your thing go gay crazy :-)

Re: door decorations... these are great and helpful. They break up the monotony of the hallways, act as landmarks, and help you know if you're at the right person's door before knocking.

My favorite door decoration story: at the last dinner, we were seated with a couple who told us about their dog... something clicked and I told them I thought I saw their door... and described the photo I saw of them and their dog. Big ship, small world.

Archived