Before my question I need to say that the host Andy and Bill L are a big plus in my book and have been very helpful with answers on Cruise Critic.

My question is about culinary on our last cruise on Azamara Journey I was a little disappointed in the food served in both specialty restaurants maybe this was my expectation going in that it was going to be more of a culinary experience and it was no better then any other speciality restaurant on a mass market line. I do understand that food is a subjective topic. There is was nothing wrong with the food it was ordinary and I think that what was wrong
The steaks served in Prime C are not Prime and if they are you should look for a new meat purveyor they were chewy and difficult to cut consensus of our whole table. I talkes with others on the ship who felt the same way also felt that Aqualina is the better choice..

Learn how to do a proper chesse plate when it states International cheese plate sliced american cheese should not be one of the cheeses featured. Celebrity does this great in their specialty resturants with a chesse cart.

Food in the MDR was very good the best I had on any cruise ship..

Best service I ever experienced on any cruise line your staff is very tuned into in going the extra mile..Main reason I booked another cruise on Azamara.

When I re read my post I felt it came across harsh and that was not my intention at all. I did think the food in the specialty restaurants were fine just that it was no different then any other mass market line I was expecting more of a gourmet experience and it was kind of vanilla.

Azamara promotes itself a boutique cruiseline and there should be a difference in what you serve and it should have a sense of adventure that aligns itself to your call sign Destination Immersion think there should be some dishes offered that match the part of the world your in.

Thank you for listening you have a great cruiseline and we enjoyed our cruise on Journey and look forward to our Spain cruise in 2013

Archived