Magic Luggage Express

IslandToIsland

Darn....our flight isn't until 4:40pm on 2/12 and we want to take the 1:30pm shuttle from Galveston Limo. We were gonna check out Mardi Gras for a bit, but didn't want to deal with luggage.

When we cruised out of Puerto Rico we found a place right across from the port that let people leave their luggage their for a fee. We did it and had no problems. I would check around the port, although I have never sailed out of New Orleans so I have no idea how the port is set up....

When we cruised out of Puerto Rico we found a place right across from the port that let people leave their luggage their for a fee. We did it and had no problems. I would check around the port, although I have never sailed out of New Orleans so I have no idea how the port is set up....

We did the same thing in SJ and it was very convenient. I just asked on the Galveston board so hopefully there are options.

Southwest does participate, but no Luggage Express out of Galveston. I used the program in Port Canaveral when I was on Southwest, and it was really slick. Went right to the airport and straight to the security line. I would use Luggage Express anywhere it was available. Nancy

I used the program in Port Canaveral when I was on Southwest, and it was really slick. Went right to the airport and straight to the security line. I would use Luggage Express anywhere it was available. Nancy

Nancy, I wish I had thought of that option last week when we cruised on Dream...how did it work exactly? cost? I am just curious

Nancy, I wish I had thought of that option last week when we cruised on Dream...how did it work exactly? cost? I am just curious

We had to sign up a couple of days before the end of the cruise. It cost $20 per person. We received our airline boarding passes delivered to our cabin right after dinner on the last night, along with tags to put on our luggage. Left the luggage outside the door by 11:00 that night, and the next time we saw them was in Seattle at the airport baggage claim. Since we had boarding passes and no luggage to check, we went right to the security line at the airport. I highly recommend it. Well worth the money! Nancy

Wher do you sign up and where would I check to see if it is offered on my cruise?

Thanks.

As far as how to sign up, we had a form delivered to our cabin a few days into the cruise. We filled out the form and took it to Guest Services before the deadline. They added $20 to our S&S account and all we had to do was get our luggage out by 11:00 on the last night of the cruise. Nancy

That really stinks. We have used it for the past few years. It is so nice out of Florida on Southwest. Another negative out of Galveston. I keep trying to be positive but too many problems this time. Next cruise back to Florida. Enjoy renting a car for a few days without paying for a week. That is the first time I have ever seen this in all my cruises.

• 5 months later...

Archived