My detailed AOS review 4/3/05 (sort of long)

Wow. Thanks for the review. I'm not going south and I'm not on that ship but I read it anyway because I remember some of your other posts being funny. I definately got a few chuckles. What stuns me is that you guys almost drown, and then you go shopping. OMG!! LOL. You are too funny. Nothing like making the best of a situation!

Thanks again for the entertainment. :D

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's so nice to have a fan (I'm totally kidding :) ).

Ha ha, like I'm going to let a little drowning stop me from shopping! :rolleyes:

It really did make me realize though that I take my sweetie for granted, so I made sure that I let him know how much he means to me. I definitely had the Burrito feeling for the rest of the day!

(Jen's dictionary - Burrito feeling .... a joke that derived from a card Naren gave to Jen, in which that card detailed how much the card giver felt for the card recipient. The card giver went on to describe that he wasn't sure if it was the burrito he had for lunch, or just the fact that he got butterflies in his stomache every time she was around, but he definitely felt something for her, and just had to tell her) ;)

So that mushy gushy feeling you get for someone is, in fact, the Burrito Feeling! :D

We just returned from AOS yesterday!

It's good to see your posting, especially because you had been with that CD twice. You provided good insight, and I agree a lot with your observations.

I didn't really think Velvet Rope was all that great. I got annoyed with that "theme song" that played all throughout the show. ARG!

The Ice Show was really great!

Many people thought that the Seaquarium area was nice, and now I wish we'd have gone there, instead of our crappy little lagoon! :mad:

Your St. Maarten excursion sounds great, and I agree that Trunk Bay was gorgeous and we didn't have enough time there! :)

I just picked up on this thread a couple of days ago, and wow!

The fact that you and DH still want to go on ships (much less to the beach) is amazing. I can only imagine your next trip to the ABC's, as you're on the beach where the near-tragedy went down, talking to other travelers:

Anonymous Cruiser: "Whoa, this sure is an awesome beach. So peaceful."

You (chuckling): "Yep, my husband almost drowned here. What a place!"

Another Cruiser: "Well, I've heard that happens on cruise ships and all...who wants another rum punch?"

You guys are my heroes. And I mean it! Oh yeah, thanks for your honest assessment of the Adventurer. We're looking at that cruise. DW has always dreamed of going to the ABC's, but the options are so limited.

Thanks again.

Thank you :)

Someone laughed that after we almost drowned, we went shopping. LOL, we were really freaked out for a minute, then we declared our love for each other, and digressed. Lesson learned, we have to watch the water next time before we go in.

I still think it was a great cruise. I think we had bad luck in Aruba and Curacao. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't rent a car in Aruba, I'd just get off the ship, and go on that $15 tour. It went to all the places we wanted to go.

Then I'd have the driver drop us off at Eagle Beach. While Arashi was beautiful, it was too rocky for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sure I read this somewhere before, but trying to locate the info now that I want to make not of it, is somewhat difficult ... so, would you be able to tell me which night we would miss the main dining room the least? I've read that it's a good idea to skip "italian" night to eat at Portofino's??

Any suggestions you could offer would be appreciated, we're hoping to book our reservations shortly after arriving on the ship.

Thank you :)

Archived