preferred cruise line with small child

jessabella

Please help me decide on which line to choose for our next holiday..:p

We have traveled with RC three times and MSC twice...and and loved RCI..not so much MSC... but wanted something a bit different as we are now traveling with our 1yr old. The only things that are really important to us is that they offer in room babysitting when we want to go out when she is sleeping. Also some sort of activites or something that we can take her to during sea days. We also are in need of the ability of self serve laurderette as we use cloth nappies..but to be honest we could maybe work around this if needed..but would be really hard to do so.

Other things that help make our decison is the cabin..we would most likely get a jr suite as the extra space woudl be great..but then realised that the mini suite on Princess doesnt have a curtain to seperate the rooms..:(

We did choose the Princess Grand (april 21 canary island) but then realised two days ago this is actaully on our neighbours wedding day :eek: So that one is out and well cant really decide now..

oh we would be looking for cruises that cruise out of UK/Europe as we dont really fancy flying to the states for a cruise this time.

Anyone have a ship that they prefer with small children? If so why?

Thanks in advance.

I would look into P&O. Royal has the baby sitting, but they do not have self service laundry. Princess has the laundry but I don't believe they offer any baby sitting. The P&O ships that allow children have a nursery, and I think they have laundry facilities...But you might ask on the P&O-UK board here at CC. EM

Thanks everyone for your tips and the info...

I was under the impression that princess had the inroom babysitting..but maybe they were talking about late night kids club..but I remember reading something about babysitting..Sometimes over reasearch can hurt...especially when youre reading late at night..hahaha:D

Well considering that we love RCI several times I am of course happy to go with them but know that I would not be able to wash my cloth nappies..so would sort something else out I suppose..however we did do a 7 day holiday without a launderette before and washed on our hands every night and hung them to dry so I know its possible.

ToddlerMom...why would you not use cloth on a cruise..There are many many people who do it..are you just saying to your preference??

Essiesmom...I will look into P&O as well..I never look into them as it is run as a UK cruise cater to the British market which I have heard is not as good as the US run ones..we are Aussies by the way...but will look and see what I can find!!

We never used cloth diapers when we traveled. Too much trouble. Where will you wash them? Do you think the other passengers will like seeing you putting dirty diapers in the shared washing machine? I used to cloth diaper so I know that's not a big deal but most people don't understand that. How much does a load cost? Will the machines be able to accommodate the soaking?

And if you CD for environmental concerns, is washing diapers on the ship 'green?' CDing is not always the best environmental option depending on the water source?

Most of all we never used CDs when we traveled because buying dispoables was always so much easier. You can throw them away without washing them. No need to cart around a wetbag everywhere you go. No need to take a bunch of diapers with you on the plane. And there are environmentally friendly disposable options available.

Thanks for your opinion.. I agree that using sposies would be easier..but I have always used them on holiday..however I always wash them out before putting them in the machines so they are prewashed as I understand that people would not understand..but with that said ....if a person is paying to use a machine they can wash whatever they want in it and it is what we go throug when using a shared machine..I suppose becaues I dont know any other way thatn with cloth nappies that it is simple to me..Ive never had any issues when using shared machine on holiday..the most I get is people asking loads of questions about it and how it works..

I dont find it any more trouble to carry a wetbag though..as she only changes 4 times a day so would just go to the room or whatever when she needs a change or whatever..and we only take about about 18 which doesnt take up much space for us in luggage..but we arent flying for our cruise anyway..and when we do fly we only take two luggage for the three of us..including nappies and reusuable wipes and wetbags.

I dont just do it for environmental reasons..most importantly for my daughters bum..I prefer cloth than plastic.

But with all that said..like I said above..its is the last of our worries and we would use sposies if we had too as we are also sacraficing not eating all organic on the trip..its not going to kills her in the end ..as long as we all have a great time.

Archived