My Epicly Long Epic Reivew - 01/07/12 - 01/14/12

SliceOfLife

Thanks for your incredible review of the Epic! Still reading through it, but wanted to ask a few questions while I had them in my mind and on this posting...So it is true that you are allowed to bring Coca Cola products on the ship, since they serve Pepsi products? And second question, the Lobster night on the FIRST night (forget the name of the restaurant), do you mean the Saturday night or the Sunday night? One other question, does the Epic have a "Sail Away" BBQ dinner? My husband and I are cruising the Epic on 2/25/12 and are getting so excited

As others mentioned, yes you can bring any non-alcoholic beverage on board. If you run out during your cruise you can pick some up in the ports. That ice cold pack we bought in St. Thomas hit the spot!

Lobster night is Saturday night in Taste or the Manhattan Room.

We were in the fitness area during the sail away so I don't know for sure about the sail away because after the fitness center we went to our balcony to wave goodbye to Miami.

Have a great cruise!!!

Great review! Thanks!

My hubby and I have been researching to determine which cruise we want to do for our 10th anniversary next year. Epic is in our top 3 (teetering between #1 and #2). I've never been NCL, but my husband took an NCL cruise when he graduated from high school. I'm curious about what types of passengers we would find. We are in our early 30s, and will be traveling without our souvenier that we picked up on our '08 cruise. :) Did you experience large groups? I don't usually have a problem with them, but a very large group managed to take over most of the ship on my last cruise.

We didn't notice any huge groups on our cruise. I thought there was a good mix of ages, but mostly people 20 - 50, and then some older ones. At our Meet and Greet we met a few of couples near our age (I'm 30, dh is 27) so we were able to hang out with them at various times.

Also.. any tips on selecting a balcony? We would be going with a basic balcony, but I'm wondering where a good area would be. Concerned only somewhat about noise, more about feeling the movement and having unobstructed views. I've never gotten seasick until my Mariner cruise in '08, and that wasn't a very fun last night on the ship.

My best advice would be to make sure you only have cabins above and below you. I notice a lot of motion in the aft balcony that we had. If I were to sail the Epic again I would go with midship for a balcony. I did hear music from Spice H20 but again if you picked a midship balcony I don't think you'll have a problem. Thankfully I never got seasick but I am sensitive to motion so sometimes I had to get up and move around because rocking back and forth drove me nuts.

Also.. I've seen pics of the bathrooms, and am not concerned about what you can see, but... are they soundproof? Forgive me for the weird question. lol

Hehe, not too soundproof. Things echo a bit (and the flush is super loud!). The nice thing is the TV in the room, or for extra privacy kick the other person out to the balcony so you can potty in peace.

Oh, one more question! We cruised in December 2009 and it was very cold. So cold that I only wore a bathing suit one day on the ship and stayed wrapped up in a towel the whole time. I'm hoping that leaving from Miami would give us less "towel days" so to speak.

Every day was wonderful, about 80 degrees, not too humid. I was a bit chilled on our way to Nassau, it was a bit windy on the pool deck but after we got there it warmed up. The ship's AC works great so if you naturally get chilly I would bring a sweater to wear to dinner or to shows. Miami was the only "chilly" place it was in the upper 60s/low 70s when we were there.

Thanks again for your review, and any questions you or anybody else can answer would be greatly appreciated!

You're welcome! I hope you have a great cruise and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

I posted another thread with all of my pictures if you want to see them :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally, I am glad this is a Pepsi Ship!:D Mainly on Carnival in past and only coke products.:( Like the fact you get a souvenir glass for your soda card purchase, also. With Carnival, they put ice in a hot cup so by the time the soda is cold, it is a little watered down from ice melting in hot cup. Thanks so much for your review. I am booked in 9297 for November 16th cruise. Lower from Spice H20 party but closer to engines so I might experience more vibrations, too.:o

Personally, I am glad this is a Pepsi Ship!:D Mainly on Carnival in past and only coke products.:( Like the fact you get a souvenir glass for your soda card purchase, also. With Carnival, they put ice in a hot cup so by the time the soda is cold, it is a little watered down from ice melting in hot cup. Thanks so much for your review. I am booked in 9297 for November 16th cruise. Lower from Spice H20 party but closer to engines so I might experience more vibrations, too.:o

I hope you have a great cruise!

After being on the Breakaway I really wish the juice/water glasses were larger. I did not drink enough water! Speaking of hot cups, I fixed a cup of coffee for my husband and it was fresh out of the dishwasher, holy moly! The cup was so hot to the touch! I guess they make sure everything is boiling hot and sanatized.

• 5 months later...
We were in 12087 so not really that far from you, just a little lower. I can't explain it but the ship really moved a lot during my cruise. Maybe there was more going on with the seas than I was aware of (the ship channel never seemed to work either for that matter).

Personally I like to know I'm on a ship so it was OK with me but it was never smooth.

Was it the martini tasting maybe?:rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...