ATV or 8X8?

luckygurl1227

Has anyone done either of these tours recently? I know there are two companies near Hacienda Campo Rico and I'm debating whether one is better than the other? And if anyone knows the costs? It's not posted on their sites. One is Frontier Adventures and Tropical Trail Rides.

Both of those companies are _inside_ of HCR, not near it.

I've done both of those tours. The ATV is more hands-on since you're doing the driving. The UTV is more of a "ride", since the operator is driving the vehicle.

They do give you a chance to drive the UTV for a short time, if you want, but it takes quite a bit of practice to master, that's why they do 99% of the driving.

We've also written reviews of those trips for our blog ... do a Google search ... you'll find it ...

We are looking at doing this as well. Here is info I received from Tropical Trail Rides:

Campo Rico location(San Juan): Countryside Ride

We are located about 5 minutes from the San Juan Airport or 15mins from the port and we will set up transportation(transportation to and from Isla Verde to Campo Rico is $50 roundtrip for 5 persons or less. And $10 per person additional. From Port or Old San Juan Area it is $60 roundtrip and $10 additional per extra persons.

You’ll have a great time exploring the beauty of Puerto Rico on the ATVS/ Side-By-Sides. The traditional ATVS seat 2 people front and back. The Side-By-Sides(similar to Dune Buggies, but better) come in 2 seaters and 4 seaters.

Ride times for ATV: 9:00am, 12pm, 3pm. 8 years and up allowed at passenger-prices. $75 for two hours for driver and $45 for two hours for passenger. Driver must be 16 years of age with valid driver’s license.

Dune Buggy /Side by Side Polaris S:

DRIVER 1 and 1st Pass $95ea

PASS #3,4 $45ea

Solo drive $145

CANCELLATION POLICY: Tropical Trail Rides maintains a 1 week cancellation policy prior to your reservation. If you fail to cancel your reservation one week before your scheduled ride, you will be charged in full for the activity.

Please call for reservations and details at (787)629-0222(San Juan).

Hope this is helpful.

Archived