Quality Inn & Suites Maison St. Charles

CruzieSue

I have booked a room at the Quality Inn & Suites Maison St. Charles (1319 St. Charles Avenue) for the night prior to sailing. Can anyone tell me if that is a safe desirable neighborhood? One person I asked said it just depended which area on St. Charles it was located. The photos look nice but also know that photos can be deceiving.

Our other choice was the Clarion Inn & Suites at 1300 Canal Street. Went with Quality Inn because it's closer to the port and hopefully less expensive cab fare.

Any info appreciated. :)

I have booked a room at the Quality Inn & Suites Maison St. Charles (1319 St. Charles Avenue) for the night prior to sailing. Can anyone tell me if that is a safe desirable neighborhood? One person I asked said it just depended which area on St. Charles it was located. The photos look nice but also know that photos can be deceiving.

Our other choice was the Clarion Inn & Suites at 1300 Canal Street. Went with Quality Inn because it's closer to the port and hopefully less expensive cab fare.

Any info appreciated. :)

Do you know if your motel has a park and cruise package?

I don't think it does but we don't need the parking package. My husband has a cousin living in New Orleans and he will be able to keep our vehicle for us while we're gone. Not familiar with all the areas of NOLA and just hoping it is a safe area.

I am also booked at this hotel for a cruise in late August. They do have a cruise and park program. Reviews from trip adviser look promising. The St. Charles streetcar stops directly outside the hotel.

I just called to book for a December cruise and was informed they stopped the Park and Cruise program the first of this year, may want to call and verify this information. This was for the Quality Inn, St Charles Ave.

I don't need it but it IS still on their website.

Free Cruise Parking

BON VOYAGE PACKAGE

Free parking for up to seven nights.

Room rates starting from $149.00 USD per night.

Terms and Conditions

Package includes a one-night stay in one of our Standard Rooms (King or Double Queen) and complimentary parking for the duration of your cruise.

Note: Hotel front desk personnel may require proof of eligibility at the time of check-in. Discounts may not be combined and are non-transferable. Discount programs may vary outside the U.S.

2 differences........Website...and Live person at Hotel, and also live person at Choice Hotels 1-800 Number...

I have made other arrangements, but there was someone here wanting to know if they had the park and cruise, and from what I found out, they don't, just trying to help

• 3 months later...

I'm the OP ... we were very pleased with our stay at the Maison St. Charles. The area was very nice and there was security on premises who was very friendly and helpful (advice on where to eat, directions, etc.) Would definitely stay there again next trip.

We did not inquire about cruise parking since a relative kept our vehicle for us.

The front desk called a cab for us when we were ready to leave and as soon as we walked out the front door there were THREE cabs waiting to pick up passengers. Very quick response and quick, easy drive to the port.

Oh, boy I have lots of questions for you.

Did you use the street car? If so, how was it? Did you take it to the French Quarter?

How were the rooms?

How much was the taxi to the port?

I am going with my parents, my daughter and my 90 year old Grandma. Is there anywhere close by, other than Wendy's, to eat?

How was breakfast?

Do you have any pictures?

Sorry if I asked too many questions. :eek:

Did you use the street car? If so, how was it? Did you take it to the French Quarter?

We wanted to but ran out of time. It runs right in front of the motel and I believe stops just across the street. You can get over to the French Quarter via street car but you will have to get off at the end of the St. Charles line and get on another street car.

How were the rooms?

We thought they were fine. Clean. No smells. Quiet. Some of the buildings are old but updated. Very nice courtyard areas outside to sit and relax.

How much was the taxi to the port? Hubby handled all that. I want to think it was $12-14 and covered 2 people. We did tip pretty good because he was very helpful with loading and unloading the luggage.

I am going with my parents, my daughter and my 90 year old Grandma. Is there anywhere close by, other than Wendy's, to eat? We ate our evening meal and next morning breakfast at the St. Charles Tavern about a block down the street on the same side. The security guy recommended it and we really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and very nice staff. If you look up the hotel on Google Maps, traffic view, and zoom in down to street level, you can see labels for all of the businesses, restaurants, etc. that are on St. Charles Ave. and in the area. You can also see what the buildings actually look like which was very helpful finding the hotel. The sign was on the side of the building and not very obvious from the street.

How was breakfast? I had french toast and bacon and it was very good. Don't remember what hubby had. They have a menu board outside so you can see what they offer before you go in, and it is open 24 hours a day.

Do you have any pictures? I really didn't take any pictures of the hotel and only an outside shot of the Tavern. The photos on the motel website are very accurate. At least from what we saw.

One hint I wish we knew beforehand. To get to parking, turn right on Erato Street (beside Wendy's) or just past the hotel on Thalia Street and a parking lot is directly behind the main building/office. It is fenced in but the gates are open during the day and closed sometime at night. You can enter directly off of St. Charles Avenue by going through a very narrow archway (hard to tell that it's an entrance). We did that the first time with our 4x4 pickup truck and made it okay but it was a little tight.

Not a problem at all !! I asked a lot of questions getting ready for our cruise too !!!

We wanted to but ran out of time. It runs right in front of the motel and I believe stops just across the street. You can get over to the French Quarter via street car but you will have to get off at the end of the St. Charles line and get on another street car.

How were the rooms?

We thought they were fine. Clean. No smells. Quiet. Some of the buildings are old but updated. Very nice courtyard areas outside to sit and relax.

How much was the taxi to the port? Hubby handled all that. I want to think it was $12-14 and covered 2 people. We did tip pretty good because he was very helpful with loading and unloading the luggage.

I am going with my parents, my daughter and my 90 year old Grandma. Is there anywhere close by, other than Wendy's, to eat? We ate our evening meal and next morning breakfast at the St. Charles Tavern about a block down the street on the same side. The security guy recommended it and we really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and very nice staff. If you look up the hotel on Google Maps and zoom in down to street level, you can see labels for all of the businesses, restaurants, etc. that are on St. Charles Ave. and in the area. That was very helpful.

How was breakfast? I had french toast and bacon and it was very good. They have a menu board outside so you can see what they offer before you go in.

Do you have any pictures? I really didn't take any pictures of the hotel and only an outside shot of the Tavern. The photos on the motel website are very accurate. At least from what we saw.

One hint I wish we knew beforehand. To get to parking, turn right on Erato Street (beside Wendy's) or just past the hotel on Thalia Street and a parking lot is directly behind the main building/office. It is fenced in but the gates are open during the day and closed sometime at night. You can enter directly off of St. Charles Avenue by going through a very narrow archway (hard to tell that it's an entrance). We did that the first time with our 4x4 pickup truck and made it okay but it was a little tight.

Not a problem at all !! I asked a lot of questions getting ready for our cruise too !!!

Archived