Roll Call May 4 QM2

Maybgone

I'll be aboard. I am so excited, I've been counting the days and can't believe after getting down to double digits that I'll soon be counting single digits! My first transatlantic crossing.

Count us in! Where should we meet? We don't have our documents as yet so we don't know know what time we board. Is anytime in the afternoon okay? I undersand sailing out of the harbor is a special treat. This time of the year should be beautiful.

Slyviag, good to hear you will be on board May 4th. I hope you will send of a note to lannp, I will get your addy from her and be in touch. MickB, why don't you send off a note as well.

lannp and I have been in touch a lot, and enjoy chatting on msn - it will be great to meet up with all of you. We haven't decided on where as yet - Any suggestions?

Thanks to all for responding! We are a family of three from New Haven, Connecticut. Two are first time crossers... I was on an SS Rotterdam crossing in 1965! Our 13 year old daughter is looking forward to finding others her age. After we arrive, we will spend the next three months on sabbatical in Italy. Looking forward to seeing you all!

My husband and I will be aboard and are greatly looking forward to this cruise, as we had to abort a similar cruise last October, due to my unexpected illness...We are from a suburb of Philadelphia, PA, and are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, doing the two-way transatlantic with the Med cruise in between. We've cruised in the past on QE2, but have never done the new "Queen." We are very excited. Gettin' close! :D

Barb and Charlie

Hi Everyone

We shall be crossing home to the Uk at the end of a 10 trip where we are driving round New England . We sailed on the QE2 some 15 years ago and shared the ship with 1500 Chrysler dealers who were on a promotional cruise, it all got a bit out of hand so we had mixed feelings about the cruise. We have sailed 3 times with HAL, once with Celebrity and twice with Radisson Seven Seas who were very good indeed. I have heard mixed reports about QM2. Certainly not very impressed with the pre cruise documentation, we had a voyage information document over which someone had split a cup of coffee which had stained every page. Despite our TA asking 3 times for replacement it has not been forthcoming. Also tickets and labels have been issued for the wrong cabin. We decided to treat ourselves to a better grade about 6 weeks ago and although they were quick enough to take the extra money the necessary documentation has not as yet been issued. My TA is on the case but we fly out the US next Saturday so it is all a bit last minute.

I trust the experience on the ship will overcome these hiccups.

Hi Barb and Charlie - nice to know you will be aboard May 4th. I think that makes twelve of us now.

We will leave home on April 29th - taking the train from Sacramento to New York (with a one night layover in Chicago) We will be in England/Scotland for three weeks prior to our June 3rd return voyage. We are getting excited to be on our way.

The "we" is my husband Malcolm and I (Betty).

Hope we have the opportunity to meet you guys... :) My husband is a clinical psychologist and my vocation (I'm retired now), was executive assistant in my father's pharmaceutical business. My avocation was the breeding and showing of Siamese cats, but I've retired from that now too. However, we still have a family of 6 American Domestics (Mom and her 5 kittens, mom was a pregnant stray we took in and allowed to have her kittens. Charlie and I couldn't decide whether to keep the boys (2) or the girls (3), so we kept them all!). ;) Barb & Charlie

We will be on this sailing also. Have been in touch wiht Betty a little over the past months, but have gotten so busy lately have not kept up., Now is finally the time i can start getting ready for this trip and getting excited. Really looking forward to this. We, my partner Mike, also 60, will be staying in London for a week after the cruise and then flying home-Houston. We are taking the Orient Express to London. ANyone else?

For anyone on the May 4th crossing, if you haven't e-mailed, please let me know who you are.

We will plan on meeting in the Chart Room, Thurs. at 11 am. on our first full-day at sea.

Look forward to hearing from you and meeting.

Linda:)

Archived