Avis rental in Kauai

sldcruiser

We've reserved a rental car with Avis in Kauai and were told to call their shuttle or take a taxi to the airport for quicker service. We're going in March and I was wondering if anyone had problems with lines. We're only renting a car for the day so we want to get on the road as quickly as possible. I know Thrifty offers Blue Chip service where I've read the lines are short. The prices are comparable - should I switch companies?

We've reserved a rental car with Avis in Kauai and were told to call their shuttle or take a taxi to the airport for quicker service. We're going in March and I was wondering if anyone had problems with lines. We're only renting a car for the day so we want to get on the road as quickly as possible. I know Thrifty offers Blue Chip service where I've read the lines are short. The prices are comparable - should I switch companies?

We were on the POA a couple of months ago.

We rented a car from Avis for one day on Kauai. We took our time eating breakfast, walked off the ship and waited in the rental shuttle area for about 10 minutes for the shuttle to Avis to show up. The Avis shuttle shares with Budget.

It was a short ride to the airport. From the time we left the ship and we were in our rental car and on our way was about 40 minutes. No line when they were there.

When we returned the car. We waited 5 or 10 minutes for a shuttle back to the ship.

BTW, all of the rental companies run shuttles from the pier to the airports car rental and back.

Very smooth process renting cars on the islands.

We have used Avis the last two time in Kuai on non-cruise. To be honest we have a different opinion as when the airline comes in and if there is a line you could be inline for 15-20'.

If the 15' is a deal breaker plan carefully as you could easily encounter slow going on the roads too :D

The lines are not a problem... the shuttles run every 15 minutes from the port and are there as soon as you get off the boat. The rental car process is very smooth. I would recommend reserving prior to arrival, and you'll have no problems.

I have a blog about our recent trip on the Norwegian POA if you're interested. It's in my travel blog link in the signature below. Have fun!

Here's another post where someone asks for information People take the time to post info and add their experences.

And then no thank you...Nothing............

Archived