Who gives the Tour?

thegratefuldad

Just wondering about tour operators and who actually gives the tour.:confused:

For instance, Pape Bear....a highly recommended tour operator, Does he give the actual tour or is it someone who works for him? I doubt he can be in more than one place at the same time and he offers multiple tours.

we'll be looking for tours on a few of the islands we tour and hear this tour operator or that tour operator was great, but I'd be disappointed if I booked the tour, got there, and found out we didn't get the recommended tour guide.

It would be great if when reviewing a tour, it is mentioned who actually gave it....I do read many that do say it.

I hope you understand the question.....I guess bigger is not always better

and I'm not trying to say the workers won't give a decent tour, just trying to have expectations set properly.

Most of the time the owner (Papa Bear or others ) gives the tour, but there are a few times when the owner isn't available, so he subcontracts the tour to someone else.

Unfortunately, I don't know how/when that decision is made, but it probably depends on a number of factors that we couldn't even begin to consider. During slow seasons, you'll probably get the owner, but if/when it's busy, you may get someone else. You should be able to get a straight answer about who's doing the tour if you ask closer to your arrival date

Archived