Free Wifi on Cozumel

LrdNorman

I am travelling with a small group and one member of our group has an 8-year-old that would like to communicate (either by e-mail or Skype) back to her father here in the States.

Does anyone know if wifi is offered near the port? She could e-mail from the ship, but it's way too expensive.

We will also be travelling to Grand Cayman, if anyone has any info about wifi there...

There's free WiFi at the Starbucks near the downtown pier if you buy something. The password will be on your receipt. If you're going to Paradise Beach, there's free WiFi there as well. I felt like the Paradise Beach WiFi was faster than the Starbucks WiFi, but it could have been that I was more relaxed by the the time I got to the beach!

There's free WiFi at the Starbucks near the downtown pier if you buy something. The password will be on your receipt. If you're going to Paradise Beach, there's free WiFi there as well. I felt like the Paradise Beach WiFi was faster than the Starbucks WiFi, but it could have been that I was more relaxed by the the time I got to the beach!

Where/What is paradise beach??

Oh, sorry about that. Paradise Beach is mentioned in so many threads here that I made the incorrect assumption that you'd know about it. Basically, it's just a beach but there are amenities there that are very affordable. The cab ride from the international pier to the beach was $13 for two of us. Once you get to the beach, it's $2 to get a wristband giving you permission to use chairs. There's a fun pass for $12 that gets you access to a bunch of inflatables as well as kayaks, paddle boards, and snorkeling equipment. Anyway, here's a link:

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Oh, sorry about that. Paradise Beach is mentioned in so many threads here that I made the incorrect assumption that you'd know about it. Basically, it's just a beach but there are amenities there that are very affordable. The cab ride from the international pier to the beach was $13 for two of us. Once you get to the beach, it's $2 to get a wristband giving you permission to use chairs. There's a fun pass for $12 that gets you access to a bunch of inflatables as well as kayaks, paddle boards, and snorkeling equipment. Anyway, here's a link:

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Thanks! I hadn't heard of this place but it looks awesome!! Do you have any tips for going here ? (Does it get busy etc...) #e are in cozumel from 8am-6pm so we have a long day and would like to do some other things too but definately would love to stop here!

Got to say, the wifi at Paradise Beach was fast enough to support a Google video chat with my buddy back home which was great. However, it's an open wifi connection without WEP or WPA security so use with common sense.

Archived