Just booked 9201 on Valor for Christmas.....

KTRuby

Booked this room on the Valor (9201 Cat. 6K Scenic Grand OV, also the same as 9200 I think) based largely on the photos and feedback on this site but I just thought of an important detail that I need to ask: Do the beds come apart? I'm traveling with my dad and really don't want to spend a week on the sofa! I know they usually do but it was difficult to tell based on the unique configuration of these rooms whether the furniture can be moved to make it happen.

• 1 month later...
Booked this room on the Valor (9201 Cat. 6K Scenic Grand OV, also the same as 9200 I think) based largely on the photos and feedback on this site but I just thought of an important detail that I need to ask: Do the beds come apart? I'm traveling with my dad and really don't want to spend a week on the sofa! I know they usually do but it was difficult to tell based on the unique configuration of these rooms whether the furniture can be moved to make it happen.

I am staying in 9201 in 25 days. In my account, I had the option of 2 twins or 1 king. Hope this helps.

I hope you wait for the Valor flies by!

• 11 months later...
I am staying in 9201 in 25 days. In my account, I had the option of 2 twins or 1 king. Hope this helps.

I hope you wait for the Valor flies by!

Just came across your post when "googling" info about Valor 9200 (same category as 9201).

Can you tell me any info about the room? Was there a mini fridge? Spacious? Noise? Convenient to common areas?

I sail in 3 months and am dying to know about these rooms (and Valor in general)! Not a lot of info or pics on the web re: the room.

Thanks

Just came across your post when "googling" info about Valor 9200 (same category as 9201).

Can you tell me any info about the room? Was there a mini fridge? Spacious? Noise? Convenient to common areas?

I sail in 3 months and am dying to know about these rooms (and Valor in general)! Not a lot of info or pics on the web re: the room.

Thanks

My experience was an amazing one. Cabin 9201 was by far the best room I could ask for. So quiet, HUGE, and so close to everything on lido, yet far enough away from the action that there was no noise.

When you come in the room, to the left is your washroom (standard size). Continue through and to the right is your desk area with phone, mini fridge, mirror, etc. To the right of the bed (if you're laying in it) is your bed area and closets (I found there to be lots of closet space and we always overpack) and to the left is your seating area with a chair, sofa, and coffee table. Accross from the seating area is the best part...floor to sealing windows running the entire length of the room.

Some may think as this as a downfall, but we didn't mind it. You need to keep the blinds down at night because of navigation concerns (you're right above the bridge). In fact, your room steward will have the blinds down foryou when they do turndown service soyou don't forget and there is a sign reminding you by the switch (they're electronic blinds).

I posted a pic to cruiselinerooms (.com) if you're interested in seeing.

I hope this helps. Any other questions at all, let me know!

Happy Cruising!

• 3 weeks later...

I posted a pic to cruiselinerooms (.com) if you're interested in seeing.

I hope this helps. Any other questions at all, let me know!

Happy Cruising!

Thank you very much! I think you covered everything! I was hoping for a mini fridge and did wonder if the bathroom was standard!

Closing the blinds is not a problem. I can imagine we would only see our own reflections anyway!

Im going to the website now to check out your picture!

Thanks!

Can you open the blinds if the lights in your room are off? Can't imagine that would bother the crew. Obviously blinds open and lights on is pointless anyway, no big deal there

We were in 9202 on the Valor in November, and we did that a few times, with no complaints from the bridge.

We greatly enjoyed the forward facing windows, they were amazing.

Kevin C

Archived