Transportation Help (Seattle vs other ports)

cjankowski

Hi

I am confused so please help???

I was looking into airfare and found that if we go to Seattle it is affordable for us. But if we want to leave from another port it gets very costly.

So how do you travel from Seattle to another port?? Can rental car go over the boaders? Is train available (never done that before).

How do you recommend leaving from one port and returning to another? How do you handle transportation on that part.

We have only flown a few times and it is always to / from same airport location.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN LEND ME!!!!

Carol

It has also been discussed many times in this forum. We flew into Seattle and took the train (Amtrak Cascades) up and back from Vancouver. There are also bus transfers available. looking up to a year ago in this forum, or in the other one mentioned, and you should find possible solutions.

People have been giving very helpfull information about Seattle to Vancouver. Were you also looking for information between Seattle and Anchorage (Seward/Whittier)?

If so, I think the only option is to fly between Seattle and Anchorage.

Were there are other ports you were asking about?

Hi

I am confused so please help???

I was looking into airfare and found that if we go to Seattle it is affordable for us. But if we want to leave from another port it gets very costly.

So how do you travel from Seattle to another port?? serveral ways..

Can rental car go over the boaders? Yes, but 1 way rentals are very expensive.

Is train available (never done that before). Yes, this is what we are doing. (Amtrak has a bus too.)

There is also a bus service - quick bus?

How do you recommend leaving from one port and returning to another? I don't, but that is just me.

How do you handle transportation on that part. (This is why we chose round trip - I did not need to add another choice to the equation.)

We have only flown a few times and it is always to / from same airport location.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN LEND ME!!!!

Carol

My answers are in your post.

I look at amtrak cascades train and its like 150 per ticket.

hmm, did the tickets go up? It was under $100 round trip for us (business up, coach back) Ofcourse that is Seattle - Vancouver. Any other stops will change the price...

I just checked, One way from Seattle to Vancouver is $38 coach on the Cascades

People have been giving very helpfull information about Seattle to Vancouver. Were you also looking for information between Seattle and Anchorage (Seward/Whittier)?

If so, I think the only option is to fly between Seattle and Anchorage.

Were there are other ports you were asking about?

We just thought it would be easier to leave / return from Seattle as airfare seems to get very high looking at the other ports. We have not limited ourselves to any port at this point in time.

I just was wondering how to travel from area to area and accross the boarder.

Thanks for all the wonderful help.

Archived