transport from lax to long beach

cruisingma

Well, its about a half hour drive with regular traffic, and with heavy traffic it would be about 45 min.... A taxi would cost you a fortune.. I'd try Super Shuttle or Prime Time shuttle for that transportation.... But suggestion for you and others out there ---- It would be better, and faster, cheaper, if you fly into Long Beach Airport if you are able to... that way your only talking about a ten to fifteen min commute. But if you do fly into LAX, try to get here early, that way when the freeways are all jammed packed at 3pm, your not stressing trying to get all the way down to the harbor :cool:

If you're flying in the day of the cruise I'd use Super Shuttle. If you're coming in the day before I'd rent a car at LAX and drive to Long Beach. Avis didn't charge us any extra for a one way rental.

Personally I would stay away from Prime Time. They have had a lot of problems with poorly maintained vans and insurance. They got kicked out of LAX for a while because of the insurance. Super shuttle is OK and I personally prefer www.karmel.com They will be taking me to LAX for my trip to Galveston for the Elation come July. LGB (Long Beach airport) is nicer and an easier trip to the port than LAX but there are not many flights into it and it can be more expensive thatn LAX.

Actually, I found taking a taxi to be a very convenient way to go. We simply walked out and got the first taxi waiting. It was a mini suv type but didn't charge any more than a regular taxi. There were five of us so it was about the same, if not cheaper, than buying round trip shuttle tix for us. I don't remember exact cost but the way there was about $55 and the way back to LAX was just about $60.

I have to agree with the above poster. A shuttle is usually per person. A taxi is usually per ride. If you have four or more in your group, it will probably be cheaper to go with a taxi. And another plus to that is you don't have to wait for other passengers to arrive, or deal with their luggage when you get to the pier. Just you and your family.

I have to agree with the above poster. A shuttle is usually per person. A taxi is usually per ride. If you have four or more in your group, it will probably be cheaper to go with a taxi. And another plus to that is you don't have to wait for other passengers to arrive, or deal with their luggage when you get to the pier. Just you and your family.
Most taxis aren't going to be too comfortable with 4+ people and their luggage. Having bags on my lap isn't my idea of a great way to start my vacation. You can order a van as an exclusive for not much more. Cheap or comfort? Take your choice:D

This is my first cruise (05/01/05) so I can't speak from experence but I booked my transportation from LAX to Long Beach through my Carnival Vacation Planner. They use Greyhound Shore services and it cost $38 round trip for just me.

Archived