"Express Disembarkation" on NCL Star

4cats1house

Do you know if you can carry your own luggage off "freestyle express" without having a certain color tag on NCL?

or should we be asking for a certian color to be the first off?

We would like to carry our own luggage off, but don't want to wait around.

Yes there is Express Disembarkation on the Star.

You WILL be given a special colored tag if you choose express disembarkation. You will need to ask for them at the reception desk prior to the last night.

In March, I believe the express folks had BLUE tags.

Is this available on all NCL ships? Do they have a way to monitor? I can picture someone not wanting to wait and trying to carry off fifteen suitcases.

P.S. Cliffd64 How was your cruise on December 14 03? We got off the ship that day and absolutely loved seeing the crew "play" in the snow.

Yes, but you do have to sign up for the Express Disembarkation. And they set a limitation on the number allowed to do so (sorry, I don't recall how many they allow off under the plan). Assuming the ship gets into port on time, you'll be able to disembark somewhere around 7:30 am.

It is the first 300 to sign up and needs to be all persons in the cabin. You need to be physically able to carry all your luggage without assistance. On our cruise they were called to disembark at about 7:40. We were in the next group off and left about 8:00.

Watch your freestyle daily for information on how and when to sign up.

Is this available on all NCL ships? Do they have a way to monitor? I can picture someone not wanting to wait and trying to carry off fifteen suitcases.

P.S. Cliffd64 How was your cruise on December 14 03? We got off the ship that day and absolutely loved seeing the crew "play" in the snow.

Basically express disembarkation is available to anyone who wants it... generally not everyone wants to lug all their luggage off... so it's not a problem. I hadn't heard of any cabins being turned down... so 300 goes a long way :) :)

The December 14th of '03 cruise was very very nice, although we had 25 foot seas on the first night and also on the last night. Lot's of people were seasick... Fortunately my wife and I were fine :) The crew built a snowman on the pool deck as it was the first time there had ever been snow on the Dawn.

Archived