Liberty of the Seas - Missing?

peteukmcr

:D that piqued your interest and curiosity

No, don't panic, not missing at sea, but just on the wonderful RCI UK website.

I was looking to search for some LOS sailings and was trying to use the search function.

As you can from the screen shot below, on the left hand side it invites you to 'See 22 of the world's most incredible ships', but in the drop down list on the right there are only 21 as LOS is missing from the list which is in alphabetical order.

Although this screen shot is from an iPad, it is the same on a Windows PC.

6726253083_2c7dff5600_z.jpg

19 Jan 2012 16:29 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

It would appear the RCI IT team have struck again and it isn't just this search option as you can see below.

6726253129_4189b215fa_z.jpg

19 Jan 2012 16:34 by peteukmcr, on Flickr

Again as an IT professional, I get frustrated at the lack of attention to detail and obvious lack of testing that takes place within RCI IT Department. It's not as though there are too many entries to check to ensure that they are all displayed, they only have 22 ships! I have checked many more data entries than this in my time testing software, it's not hard!

This error tells me that someone has omitted the entry for Liberty of the Seas from the list boxes programmed for these web pages. But the 'testing' team should have picked this up before software release.

Even more frustrating is that the new web site does not give you contact details (or they are very hard to find now) to report website issues to RCI which you used to be able to do on the old site.

Hi Peter ...are you planning on cruising on her again? We were on the LOST cruise:) We are going on a quick 5 day cruise on her in a week ( can't wait to see some old friends who work on her) and then trying NCL for 10 days. I understand how frustrated you are with the lack of focus on details with LOS missing.

Hi Peter ...are you planning on cruising on her again? We were on the LOST cruise:) We are going on a quick 5 day cruise on her in a week ( can't wait to see some old friends who work on her) and then trying NCL for 10 days. I understand how frustrated you are with the lack of focus on details with LOS missing.
Hi there, we are already booked to be back on Liberty in May out of Barcelona again for a short 5 night sailing. I was just interested in some of her other sailings when I was trying to perform the search online. Have a great cruise.

Archived