Carnival Reception Playlsit..help!

CruiserJess

Hoping a past bride can help me out here...

I am starting to work on the playlist and reception flow for our 2 hour reception on the Carnival Destiny. I have a playlist on my ipod for each event (Intro's, First Dance etc...) Estimating that I will have an hour for actual dancing for all our guests. How did you plan our your play list? To be an hour exactly? I am worried that maybe the speeches will go longer and I wont get to end with the song I want or maybe everything in the beginning will go quickly and I wont have enough music... Any tips or advice? I am probably being over paranoid but with the 2 month mark creeping in I am trying to stay ahead of everything and start working on all these little details. Thanks!!! :D

I'm currently doing the same thing- and believe me, I wish I had just picked the DJ. It's a lot of work to design a whole playlist. After stressing about it, I just looked at a few of my "must have" songs, specifically for the intro, and the first dance, and I'm going to have someone else put a bunch of music on CD's for me. (I'm using the social host, who will play your CD's).

I'm also going to want a specific song played at the end of the reception, so I'll be including instructions for the social host to play "#_ on CD#_ when there is 5 minutes left".

From what I've heard, they will do what they can to accomodate you.

Well that is good to hear. I tried to book the DJ but he was unavailable for the time we needed. I will definitely make note to play a number song last... I am going to burn a CD as well as do an ipod playlist... Don't wany any issues!:p

We had no problem with NCL when it came to our music playlist. We put our music on CDs and also an Ipod as a back up plan. We ended up just having them use the Ipod. We had each playlist on the Ipod named and also wrote it all out on paper. Everything was played right when it was suppose to be. They even slowly turned the music down as needed.

For the reception we made two playlist. One to be played while guest ate, and one for dancing. Since we didn't know how to really time it, we just made sure the songs we really wanted to hear where at the top of the playlist. When the reception was almost to an end they let us know and then played the song we had listed as the 'last song of the reception'.

Everything went without a hitch and yes, we did over think EVERYTHING too! lol

Archived