Earliest flights- how early have you made out of Ft lauderdale?

Wimpinthewater35

Our flight home is booked well after the recommended 11am being its one of the few direct flights available and we hate connections.

But I'm curious how early a flight have people actually made out of Ft lauderdale airport, when the ship docked at port everglades. Without using self debarkation.

So many reply to flight questions with nothing before 11am (mainly for the reason of its what the cruiseline recommends). Really wondering is it actually that hard to make a flight out before 11am without doing self debarkation.

I understand the concept of ship could be late and ship being cleared by customs etc etc but can't see that happening every cruise every week. Someone must have been able to make a flight earlier than 11am without taking their own bags off the ship and without rushing like crazy people.

Our flight home is booked well after the recommended 11am being its one of the few direct flights available and we hate connections.

But I'm curious how early a flight have people actually made out of Ft lauderdale airport, when the ship docked at port everglades. Without using self debarkation.

So many reply to flight questions with nothing before 11am (mainly for the reason of its what the cruiseline recommends). Really wondering is it actually that hard to make a flight out before 11am without doing self debarkation.

I understand the concept of ship could be late and ship being cleared by customs etc etc but can't see that happening every cruise every week. Someone must have been able to make a flight earlier than 11am without taking their own bags off the ship and without rushing like crazy people.

I can't answer your question directly, but can tell you in December we did not use self debarkation, and we got to FLL at about 10:15. If you don't use self debarkation, it just depends on if they select your room location as one of the first to get off the ship or one of the last (we were kind of in the middle group, I believe).

Archived