Door Decorations

nlt46

So, what are you putting up for door decorations on your cruise. Or what have you put up in the past that was good? (I know that decorations must be removed before you leave.) Last time we had dolphins on some sea life wrapping paper with stickers of all sorts on the wrapping paper. The kids never had a problem going to our door. I liked it too. It made me smile every time we came 'home'.

Nancy

Well, this isn't a "family" thing (well maybe it is/was) but a bunch of us girls went on a GIRLS WEEKEND to Nassau for a Bachelorette Party and we all decorated our doors with stuff that we purchased from "Novelty Stores". Our doors were the hit of the deck! I even put up one of those "signature" frames that you see at weddings for people to offer up suggestions to the "Bride-to-Be" and that was a great hit!

On the night we "really" celebrated the Bachleorette Party, I bought a "blow-up" man that I made the Bride carry around - as well as a sharpie so everyone could sign it. It was the HIT of the boat and you would be AMAZED at the number of free drinkies we all got from folks when we visited various bars aboard ship. The blow-up dude then HUNG from the "CAUTION" tape that we had put up on our door and no one messed with him!!

In April, we're taking our children (5-yrs old & 22-months) on a cruise - maybe I'll let her decorate our room door! That is a GREAT idea! She loves Barbie and the Princesses!!!!

We do door signs for each cruise...

we also do 'special ones' if the Cruise is for a special occasion..

(ie: our upcoming cruise is 'GingerBaby' and my Niece's (Budi) first cruise, so they will each have their 'own' special sign)

I have attached her sign, and some of our 'old' ones

bud.jpg.f656d0b3456635f5eba8004bb581b3c7.jpg

door.jpg.14e1425c3d10ff9850908a29ffe2b792.jpg

magic.jpg.9c3bc67292e3f82b69d0f1239122a8a1.jpg

tiki.jpg.50c224ae62e5a4e9dcf3293c413d5608.jpg

We do door signs for each cruise...

we also do 'special ones' if the Cruise is for a special occasion..

(ie: our upcoming cruise is 'GingerBaby' and my Niece's (Budi) first cruise, so they will each have their 'own' special sign)

I have attached her sign, and some of our 'old' ones

I loved your signs. They weren't too difficult and they showed fun to come. I'm going to copy the life ring one if that is ok. I think I can get a picture of a life ring and put some pictures in it. Thanks,

Nancy

I use 12X12 Scrap Book paper and stickers (availsable at Micheals, HobbyLobby, Target, etc)

For the lifering I used 8" cardboard cake circles and just glued/hotglued everything else.

Had a friend who used a stryophome ring... turned out cute too:D

I use 12X12 Scrap Book paper and stickers (availsable at Micheals, HobbyLobby, Target, etc)

For the lifering I used 8" cardboard cake circles and just glued/hotglued everything else.

Hey Kandy, make me one, I'm so not handy. I'm not handy like Kandy (tee hee). I can rhyme though!:D

For the cruise this Sunday on the magic:

So, I followed your idea of the life ring. I got one at Party City. Then I came home and found pictures of my husband and me together at various ports we have been. Did a collage of them in the center of the ring. Then I'll just tape that up (being sure to get off all the tape when we leave). I think that it looks great. We'll see.

For the cruse at the end of feb on Triumph:

Not sure yet. It is just girls... 3 generations. Barbie, princesses, dolphins, fish, etc. all of these would work. I have time for it to develop.

For the cruise this Sunday on the magic:

So, I followed your idea of the life ring. I got one at Party City. Then I came home and found pictures of my husband and me together at various ports we have been. Did a collage of them in the center of the ring. Then I'll just tape that up (being sure to get off all the tape when we leave). I think that it looks great. We'll see.

For the cruse at the end of feb on Triumph:

Not sure yet. It is just girls... 3 generations. Barbie, princesses, dolphins, fish, etc. all of these would work. I have time for it to develop.

Sounds Cute!!! (Post a picture)

I use DuctTape (Caribbean Blue, of course) Never had a problem with it coming off easily. I put some on the back of the signs, then use 'loops' of it ot attach, that way it does not tear my sign when I take them off, then they go into a book of DoorSigns... a fun little momento...

Sounds Cute!!! (Post a picture)

I use DuctTape (Caribbean Blue, of course) Never had a problem with it coming off easily. I put some on the back of the signs, then use 'loops' of it ot attach, that way it does not tear my sign when I take them off, then they go into a book of DoorSigns... a fun little momento...

You do have good ideas. I had not thought of the blue tape, but I do have some blue painter's tape. Maybe I sould just spring for the blue duct tape. I know they have some at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Off to get the last bit. Thanks again for the great ideas.

Nancy

You do have good ideas. I had not thought of the blue tape, but I do have some blue painter's tape. Maybe I sould just spring for the blue duct tape. I know they have some at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Off to get the last bit. Thanks again for the great ideas.

Nancy

Walmart/Target has all different colors. (even TyeDyed)

Checked the painters tape. It was not sticky at all. So, I got electric blue... should be named Caribbean Blue as you suggested. They did have a dark blue, but I liked the other more. Now to just get it all packed. Yea!!

Archived