Transfers to/from Med. Cruise Sept. 11 & 23

How far and expensive is it to take a cab from the airport in Venice to the cruise ship terminal? What is the estimated time of trip?

Also, if anyone is looking for transfers from the cruise ship to the center of Rome on the Grand Princess Mediterranean cruise which ends in Citavecchia/Rome on Sept. 23, we can get them for $35 per person with 8 person max. Right now it's just me and my fiance, so we're looking for 6 other people who are interested. Please reply and let us know! Thanks! :)

Hello IDo!

We are on the same cruise! Please join our roll call at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=87297

There are 4 of us looking to add others for transfer Civitavecchia to Rome - with an all day tour along the way. You can read about it on our roll call, or email me if you are interested. If you want to stay with just the transfer, you can look there for others to join you.

In Venice, Joe and I plan to take the blue bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma for about 3 EU each. You can take a taxi from there to the port for probably less than 10 EU - it's very close! We arrive in Venice on the 10th, so will be leaving our big luggage in the left luggage area and taking the vaporetto on to our hotel - returning the next day to pick up our luggage and go to the port. If you want to skip the bus, I don't think the charge for taxi airport to port would be too bad - just don't get in a water taxi - they are Expensive!

Julie

Julie,

Where are you leaving your luggage? We may want to get in early to Venice Sun. AM but don't want to lug our luggage around until we are able to board the ship--we'll be coming from Lake Garda in a car so would like someplace (safe) to drop off the luggage and then pick up later when we are ready to board. Thanks.

Joan

Joan,

I've read several times/places that Piazalle Roma has a left luggage area. I plan to e-mail our hotel and ask them to check & confirm that bit for us before we leave. Venice would NOT be a good place to be dragging luggage around! I know there is one at the airport, but that would not be nearly as convenient.

Julie

Archived