Port Canaveral Docking/Disembarking

greenie

One of my fellow roll-call members spoke with NCL today and got an updated itinerary. One of the things that's different, as I understand it, is that we will be arriving in Port Canaveral at 10:00 AM instead of 9:00 AM.

As we are meeting a friend there, I kind of need to know when it is likely we would be disembarking and what is a realistic time to tell her to meet us on the pier.

Can anyone help?

Thanks very much in advance!

Last week it was right around 10am. Best bet would be to call them from the ship if you are delayed. You cannot use the cel phone in any of the terminals.

Thanks, marianneyaya. I guess I'm just wondering how long it takes between arriving in port and being allowed to disembark. She lives an hour away ... I guess, though, I could just call her when we arrive and it would work out well.

If you have a cell phone then I would suggest you call your friend as soon as you begin to enter the channell into the harbor. The cruise ships can be seen by motorists long before they get to the actual entrance of the Port. The Port itself is not so big that it takes a rocket scientist to find his/her way around. Your friend should be waiting for you at the dock if you get in touch as you enter the harbor.

It will be 10am. The ship will arrive at 8am

Really? My friend understood it as arriving in port at 10:00. So either she misunderstood, or the NCL rep was wrong (like that never happens, right?!).

Thanks, all.

Greenie,

We have been on the Dawn 2 times. When we got off in Port Canavarel we did not go too early. We took a taxi to the space center. From what I have read and heard, as soon as the ship docks they start allowing people to get off. The only problem with that is the line is very long because people start lining up early. It takes a little time to get through the computer check line. Take the line into consideration when you tell your friend when to pick you up.

Enjoy!

Jeanne

Greenie,

We have been on the Dawn 2 times. When we got off in Port Canavarel we did not go too early. We took a taxi to the space center. From what I have read and heard, as soon as the ship docks they start allowing people to get off. The only problem with that is the line is very long because people start lining up early. It takes a little time to get through the computer check line. Take the line into consideration when you tell your friend when to pick you up.

Enjoy!

Jeanne

Thanks, Jeanne. That sounds like good advice. I guess best bet is to call her as we are approaching. If it takes her an hour +, that would work then.

Wendy,

We paid $25 plus tip one way to go to the space center. We went by Arts Taxi. There will be plenty of taxi's when you leave the ship. They gave us their phone # to call when we were just about ready to leave the space center. Call them at least 1/2 hour before you want to return. If you take a taxi, you are not stuck waiting to come back to the ship with the buses.

Enjoy!

Jeanne

• 10 years later...

Good Morning , we are due to take a 14 day cruise onboard the Norwegian spirit leaving Port Canaveral on 2nd April

My question relates to disembarking when we return to port 16th April

I understand that we will have to leave our cases outside our cabin the night before and keep an overnight bag for morning. Once we collect the Luggage will we be able to open the cases and pack away the overnight things as we have an onward journey to the UK later that day . I know this may sound a really stupid question but any tips will help. We were thinking of a self disembark but it sounds a little daunting !

Jean

Self assist is a great way to end the cruise. However, I would only do it without small children and only if you have a maximum of two cases of any size per person. Anything else and it will be difficult to wrangle your way out.

It is more for those who are driving home or have a very early flight. If you aren't flying out till later in the day I would just let the line handle the luggage until you are ready to go to the airport.

Have a great cruise, we are about to head there now! :D

Self assist is a great way to end the cruise. However, I would only do it without small children and only if you have a maximum of two cases of any size per person. Anything else and it will be difficult to wrangle your way out.

It is more for those who are driving home or have a very early flight. If you aren't flying out till later in the day I would just let the line handle the luggage until you are ready to go to the airport.

Have a great cruise, we are about to head there now! :D

Thanks very much, we do not get picked up until 10am so will put the cases out the night before and just unzip them and put the overnight things in when we collect the luggage from the handlers

Jean

Good Morning , we are due to take a 14 day cruise onboard the Norwegian spirit leaving Port Canaveral on 2nd April

My question relates to disembarking when we return to port 16th April

I understand that we will have to leave our cases outside our cabin the night before and keep an overnight bag for morning. Once we collect the Luggage will we be able to open the cases and pack away the overnight things as we have an onward journey to the UK later that day . I know this may sound a really stupid question but any tips will help. We were thinking of a self disembark but it sounds a little daunting !

Jean

You can open your bags when you retrieve them just move to a corner because there will be a lot of others looking for their bags. Enjoy the trip.