First Time Cruiser - I chose the Grant Princess

Antique1900

I am a first time cruiser on the Grand Princess with my 13yr old son in June. Have I chosen well, any past experiences from fellow cruisers regarding this ship would be well appreciated. Thank you :)

I've sailed on her two sister ships - 7 days on Caribbean Princess and 12 days on Crown Princess. They are very nice ships. I'm not sure about activities for 13 yr olds. You may want to post this question on the Princess board.

• 3 months later...
I am a first time cruiser on the Grand Princess with my 13yr old son in June. Have I chosen well, any past experiences from fellow cruisers regarding this ship would be well appreciated. Thank you :)

Hi we are going on the Grand in June too (9th), we have previously been on the Grand twice and its a fabulous ship. Our kids are 12 & 10 and out of all the Princess, RCI & P&O ships we have been on this is by far all our favourite.

there is plenty to do onboard for young and old. the kids clubs are fab and my two didnt want to spend time with us, just wanted to be in kids club. There is a sports deck with loads of sports available, playstaion/ wii tournaments, chef school, jewellery and t shirt making to name but a few. Your son will have a fantastic time and he (or yourself for that matter) will never be bored.

The food is fantastic, entertainment great and staff treat you so well and are all so helpful and friendly.

Once you've been on the Grand you will be hooked!

If you have any other Qs please dont hesitate to ask.

have a fantastic holiday!

Was on this ship last June to New England...way too many cabins and not enough walk around room.

That was the Caribbean Princess which holds 500 more passengers than the Grand for the same amount of public space. Last June the Grand was in the Canary Islands.

Hi Antique1900, I have been on the Grand several times and think it is a great ship. There will be plently of kids the same age as your son.

I am also on this sailing, and we have a great roll call going on, so come over and say hi here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1387050&page=23

Archived