Family of 3/2 adults/6yr old

tnebell

Hi all,

Been scoping out the Carnival shore excursions a bit but wanted to get some feedback from others who have been to SJU.

We will be arriving on the Liberty and are interested in doing a shore excursion. Not as interested in snorkeling or all here. It looks like this is a town that would be great to tour but I'm not certain how friendly it is to a 6yr old boy.

Thinking maybe shopping, hiking, really interesting sights to see, etc. Not really history as a 6 yr old won't really find that interesting, as much as we might.

Any suggestions?

I'm tempted to use Carnival but if I can go on my own with my husband and son to save some $$$$ that would be great too.

Muchos Gracias, Merci beaucoup and thank you very much!

I went to PR for the first time this past summer. Normally I do tons of research before traveling. For some reason I didn't with PR and wish I did now because I feel I could have gotten more out of my trip.

I had every intention on booking shore excursion but at the last minute decided to save some money because the girls on my trip decided to do something I had no interest in doing.

I decided to strike out on my own. Before heading out I asked a person at "Guest Services" if there was anything within "walking distance". Also indicated that I would be walking by myself and asked her opinion if it was safe.

She suggest walking to Castillo San Felipe del Morro. On my way out of the port, I stopped and asked a police officer for directions and he told me about the free trolley system. I needed to burn off some calories so I decided to walk.

It is up hill so be prepared but it was so nice just to walk around and people watch. Lots of places to pick up lunch if you so wish too. Many menus were in Spanish and English. I needed a Starbucks fix (and needed AC) and stopped there for a snack. They sold items that typical US stores do not sell so I thought that was fun.

I thought Castillo San Felipe de Morro was very interesting. There were lots of little kids there when I went but it depends on your little one. Great views and photo oppurtunties. This is a great website to help plan your trip- http://www.nps.gov/saju/planyourvisit/directions.htm

I overheard another family that took their kids to the "Museo del Nino" and it sounds like they enjoyed the trip. It would be worth looking into : ) You can also take a horse drawn carriage ride.

WOW! Thanks!!!!

I think we're going to go to the Museo del Nino!

Along with maybe a walking tour of OSJ and some light shopping.

We're doing so much snorkeling and beach going so I want to get away from some of that anyways!

Archived