Straw hats @CVS in Ft. Lauderdale

Decebal

How much do straw hats weigh? ;-) Sorry I couldn't resist. I assume you want to buy other items as well.

LOL!!! It's not the weight, it's packing it or having to wear it or carry it all the way to Florida. Yes, other items from Ft. Lauderdale (sun screen, lotion, etc.) so might as well throw in the straw hat.

There are a number of good options near the FLL cruise port for picking up last-minute essentials and travel ephemera. Since we usually stay along the 17th St. area, we just walk to any of the drug/variety stores along there, or go into the shopping area behind the Embassy Suites. There's a large Publix market there. Hats are available in all such stores.

I've no idea when your cruise departs. Just in case it's on Easter Sunday, bear in mind that most stores in FLL will be closed that day. Found this out the hard way last year, and several in our tour group missed being able to pick up their last-minute items. :o

Have a GREAT cruise!!

CM

Hi Decebal,

Just back from my own cruise out of Port Everglades at Fort Lauderdale... we visited the local Publix, Total Wine (Harbour Shops) and the Walgreens (at the Port / corner of 17th & Eisenhower) and found all that we needed to pick up Pre-Cruise.

Don't recall seeing straw hats specifically... but do remember that there was a HUGE Assortment of items to be found at the Walgreens that one might want pre-cruise, including clothing, bathing suit cover-ups, sun visors etc ... so I'd say that might be a good place to look.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

I plan on getting last minute stuff from CVS in Ft. Lauderdale, to ease the luggage weight. I was wondering if any of you have shopped there if they carry straw hats?

Yes! There is a CVS at 17th st and Federal Hwy. (RT A1A and RT1)

It's a full size store and they carry all the items one would want in a tropical area.:cool:

I've no idea when your cruise departs. Just in case it's on Easter Sunday, bear in mind that most stores in FLL will be closed that day. Found this out the hard way last year, and several in our tour group missed being able to pick up their last-minute items. :o

Have a GREAT cruise!!

CM

Thank you, we sail on Friday, April 6th, and we are staying at the Hyatt. Good to know about all the shops. The straw hat thing is from our trips to Hawaii, bought them there, brought them back, and on the second trip took them with us, only for them to sit on the floor of the plane under the seat in front of me. I know, complicated. :)

Archived