San Diego/Sea World ?

gkeep

Wondering if anyone can help me on this choice-

We are considering going to sea world in San diego. We are leaving on the Monarch on May 2nd and this is one of our ports. I am wondering about the distance to there from the pier? Would we take a taxi? or are there shuttles? I am considering booking through the ship - it is $67 pp. but includes transportation. I'm wondering if we would have to worry about traffic if we went independantly? ( and not making it back in time). The admission tickets through sea world are $51pp alone. But I could probably get discount tickets before hand. Any thoughts would be appreciated.... TIA!

It is about 5 miles from the port to Sea World. You can take the freeway or surface streets, and even at rush hour it should be no more than 20 minutes. If you plan to rent a car anyway, I would do that so you can go and return when you want. Same with a taxi, which should be about $15 each way. No shuttles, and the city bus would take too long (and the SD trolley only gets you to within about 2 miles of Sea World). Personally I am not much of a SeaWorld fan even though I live here...have not been in years. If you have been to any other SeaWorlds, this one is much the same. I much prefer the Zoo or Wild Animal Park.

thanks for the info! I think we will do a Taxi - glad it is so close. I have never been to the other Sea Worlds and I think I went to this one when I was a small child. So it will be "new to me". Thanks again!

Archived