Should I change stateroom, upsell fairy?

greely dan

We have a balcony on deck 6, they want to move us to deck 11 for $40, this is on the Freedom.

Any thoughts?

I'd spring for the higher deck myself. Your subject line says change suite, I assume you meant cabin/stateroom.

We have a balcony on deck 6, they want to move us to deck 11 for $40, this is on the Freedom.

Any thoughts?

Check to see if the balcony on deck 11 is an "open" balcony...that would help me if I were deciding ..never again on the open balcony! If not...DO IT!! :)

We once took an upsell from a deck 6 balcony to a deck 10 balcony. It was great being just a few steps away from the Lido deck, but because it wasn't midship, there was a little more motion. Does it put you closer to some of the things you like to do? If so, go for it. Have a great cruise!

What is an open balcony?

I'm concerned about the motion higher up as well...

On some of the higher decks there is not a roof over the balcony part. Therefore...no privacy from the people standing at the railing above. We had a spa balcony on the Dream last year and the people from the serenity deck above yelled and carried on so much we did not even enjoy sail away... There were young teens next to us who kept being pelted by ice cubes from above...we had a drink spilled from above all over our deck (we were not out there). Kind of on display...

We just sailed on the Glory, Deck 11 Spa Room 1110. We had an open balcony and LOVED it! I am a huge sun seeker, so I really enjoyed the open top. We never had a stray piece of garbage or ciggy butt on our deck (but had many on our Aft cabin on The Soltice). Never had problems with people on the deck above. Infact, if the chairs were set back on the balcony....the people above could not see us or our table. We enjoyed several peaceful breakfasts our their! Just had to add my 2 cents. We booked this balcony, knowing it would be right for us despite many people saying NO!

Archived