Laundry on board?

Lunur

My family cruised on the Magnifica just a few weeks ago. There are no self-service laundry facilities on board. They do have a laundry service, but we didn't even look at the prices, so I can't help you there. We wore our outfits twice (at least), and I washed underwear and socks in our sink and hung them up to dry on the clothesline in the bathroom. I brought a small detergent sample to wash the clothes, but I know the shampoo in the shower would have worked just as well.

I have cruised on ships with a self-service laundry and would have preferred that, but this solution worked just fine for us.

K

The laundry service on MSC ships works very well and is no more expensive than what you'd find in hotels. You can have up to 30 pieces during the course of your cruise washed and ironed for €20 total; your cabin steward can arrange if for you. He'll pick it up in the morning and return everything to you the next day.

The laundry service on MSC ships works very well and is no more expensive than what you'd find in hotels. You can have up to 30 pieces during the course of your cruise washed and ironed for €20 total; your cabin steward can arrange if for you. He'll pick it up in the morning and return everything to you the next day.

I saw that offer on an 11 night cruise recently on Fantasia. I thought the offer was just for laundering . I didn't realise ironing was included. That's a great deal. They also had a special deal at the end of the cruise so that you could go home with your laundry done for you.

We used that offer on MSC Melody in November - it's fabulous. All out stuff came back beautifully ironed, folded and wrapped. You can't use this 'bulk' offer with any MSC club member discount but you can split the cleaning - ie 18 items at one time and 12 at another; whatever suits you.

Archived