ATV excursions

mid20scruiser

We did the Jungle ATV last week in Cozumel and I can not reccomend it enough. They make sure that everyone knows how to operate the ATV, nad have a guide in the front and the back. You stop at two Myan ruins for a short break and a discussion about what you are looking at.

Beware, you can get muddy and probably want to wear long pants. I would do this excursion again in a heartbeat!

We did the Jungle ATV last week in Cozumel and I can not reccomend it enough. They make sure that everyone knows how to operate the ATV, nad have a guide in the front and the back. You stop at two Myan ruins for a short break and a discussion about what you are looking at.

Beware, you can get muddy and probably want to wear long pants. I would do this excursion again in a heartbeat!

I second this! Sissy and I both loved this excursion in Coz! One of the top 2 excursions we have ever done. You do need to wear long pants and need sneakers or similar shoes and do NOT forget your driver's license.

The tour is most definitely worth the cost and we had a great time. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone!

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.006447,-94.591692

I did the same tour in Cozumel as mentioned above and it was pretty good. It was through Princess but it sounds like the same one. My DH loved it and would do it again in a heart beat. I did get blisters on my palms from the handles. I would recommend wearing driving gloves. When we stopped at the Mayan ruins one of the guides bandaged my hand and gave me his driving gloves which was nice of him. It was a dusty track and you get really dirty. They split us up into two groups, the fast group and the slow group. My DH went into the fast group and I went into the slow group. It didn't matter that we split up cause we stop at the ruins together. They provide water at the ruins.

They took us to a beautiful beach for lunch afterwards. We were at the beach for a long time, I didn't realize it would be so long or I would have brought my bathing suit. They did have hammocks there to use and we had a nice relaxing time waiting for the bus back.

It was a 3.5 hour trip, with about 1.5 hours on the bikes. We did not have any beach time on this excursion.

I do recommend gloves. I did not wear them and got a blister but no big deal to me though.

We have done the ATV tour through Carnival 2 times in Cozumel, once in Costa Maya, Once in Roatan(Not Carnival, Monkey La-LA), and once in Ocho Rios.

Cozumel- Can be muddy, always dusty. Very fun, with excellent guides.

Costa Maya- Not the best ride, but the private beach is awesome.

Roatan- Best ride overall, they let you test the machines a bit more, shortest ride of all at about 75 min. But less than half the cost of the others.

Ocho Rios- Our 2nd favorite ride, lots of hills and great guides.

We did the jungle ATV adventure in Cozumel. Booked through Carnival. We had a lot of fun. We didn't get muddy, but instead covered in dust and dirt. We stoppped at a couple of Mayan ruins and got off the ATV's to visit and get a little lesson on what what we were seeing. We all wore shorts, but long pants are a good idea. Plenty of cold bottled water was provided.

I don't remember exactly how long our riding time was, but it seems to have been close to two hours. It was plenty long enough. I think we had two guides with our group and they did help those who got stuck in some areas-such as trying to get up bumpy hills or over big tree roots.

In addition to getting covered in dirt, the mandatory helmuts they give you to wear are filthy inside and out. You'll definitely need a shower/shampoo after returning to the ship.

Oh, forgot to add that yes we were taken to a nice beach area afterwards. We were able to purchase lunch (wasn't included) get some beers and snorkel. We were at the beach a couple of hours. We enjoyed.

Archived