From ship to IAH Supershuttle question

splinkaone

This is for anyone who has used Supershuttle exclusive van. Can you tell me how they handle pickup at the ship to return to IAH? Do you have a number to call to let them know what time you will be off the ship, or if there is fog and you are late disembarking? We are thinking of booking with them for our upcoming cruise in March.

This is what the super shuttle rep just sent me by email because I had the same concern:

"At Galveston cruise terminal you have to call 45 minutes before you need to be picked up so they can dispatch the vans for pick up. Yes the fog has been a issue and the dispatchers have been very good about trying to accommendate the passengers when that has happened."

I assume they give you a number when you reserve?

• 1 year later...

We have just got off the Magic (fantastic cruise) we had a 9:55am - 10:15am pickup, it is now 10:37am and we have just been told that we will have another 90 minute wait. We are not alone, there are at least 4 other groups having the same issue. One if our group just called them again to speak to a manager and they have hung up on her.

They have clearly overbooked and are waiting for the first load of busses to come back from the airport.

Thats not a way to end up your cruise

I have used SuperShuttle alot but wouldnt use it in Galveston.

The vans are subcontracted and each driver is responsible for it

They have something like a 'code 10' or 'code 12' that they can use meaning they can turn down the fare.

If they are busier making more money from other fares they will use it

Our house in Kingwood is about 12 minutes from the airport but since most people go to hotels downtown I have had to wait an hour for someone to agree to take me

This usually late at nite when the GF is already in bed

We were finally picked up almost 2 1/2 hours after our scheduled time, the driver was VERY rude - "not his problem" and yelled back at me when I stated that he was the face of the company so YES it was his problem and he still expected us to pay the $10 for an additional stop we required. The other parties sharing the shuttle were very kind and had him drop them at the airport too and they then caught the hotel shuttle to where they were staying.

The driver along with being rude, was speeding most of the time 80 in a 65 mph and even spotted doing 85 at one point, at the airport he then left us to get our own bags out of the bus - obviously he did himself no favors and got $0 in tips.

Pay a little more and get a more reliable company and get to your detination on time.

Going from Houston to the Galveston ship, we have had no problems with Supershuttle. They were always on time and got us to the ship as scheduled.

Going from the ship back to Houston has always been a BIG problem.

April, 2011 -- 90 minute wait past pickup time.

April, 2012 -- again a 90 minute wait past pickup time.

April, 2013 -- 2 1/2 wait past pickup time. I was not in the group this time, but they said they finally got an empty Supershuttle van (one that was dropping passengers off at the ship) to take them. Then the original driver called this driver to compain. Huh? After waiting more than 2 1/2 hours for the original driver? And twice being told by dispatch "Driver will be there in 10 minutes" ???

So, we will use Supershuttle to get from Houston to the ship -- it does save a lot money. But NEVER AGAIN to get from the ship back to Houston. (Shouting on purpose.)

Going from Houston to the Galveston ship, we have had no problems with Supershuttle. They were always on time and got us to the ship as scheduled.

Going from the ship back to Houston has always been a BIG problem.

April, 2011 -- 90 minute wait past pickup time.

April, 2012 -- again a 90 minute wait past pickup time.

April, 2013 -- 2 1/2 wait past pickup time. I was not in the group this time, but they said they finally got an empty Supershuttle van (one that was dropping passengers off at the ship) to take them. Then the original driver called this driver to compain. Huh? After waiting more than 2 1/2 hours for the original driver? And twice being told by dispatch "Driver will be there in 10 minutes" ???

So, we will use Supershuttle to get from Houston to the ship -- it does save a lot money. But NEVER AGAIN to get from the ship back to Houston. (Shouting on purpose.)

This is EXACTLY what happened to us! Great driver and pick up from hotel going to the port. Right on time, friendly, etc. however leaving the port was a disaster! We were given a pick up time at the port of 10:00 and told 10 minutes either side of that. Our shuttle arrived two hours late! The driver insisted he wasn't late and it wasn't his problem. Horrible attitude and even told one lady in our group that she was "running her mouth" when she asked about where he would be stopping first (we had two drop offs).

Sadly, this has soured us from sailing from Galveston. It is a very difficult port to sail from when you fly into the Houston area. I am thinking I may relocate and open a car rental agency on the island.

• 1 month later...

Archived