Cunard Fare Sale (Feb 1-3)?

maina

I just posted this as a reply in another thread, but thought it might be helpful to post it under its own heading in a new thread.

On the roll call thread for the Queen Mary May 29th (eastbound from NY) someone posted that there is going to be a Cunard fare sale for a short period, Feb 1-3. I presume from his post that the sale is not just for that date. He indicated that travel agents in the U.S. already had advance notice of this, and that he'd seen some of the prices. I asked if he thought the same sale would appear on the Cunard site, and he wasn't sure but thought it would show up when it's closer to Feb. 1st. And, I'm not sure if this is going to only be for U.S./Canada residents or open to all.

I've just come across this:

http://www.cunard.co.uk/southamptonsale

The cruise I'm on in June is listed, so I selected it, then selected the same grade of cabin. And the "sale" price saving, compared to my direct booking in November last year... wait for it....wait for it.... £18 per person ( or 0.76% ). And when I booked I got my car parking thrown in, now you don't.

Yep, some sale there !!

All these seem to be out of Southampton, none seem to be out of New York,

I am booked on a "grand voyage' Aug of this year, 24 days, NY back to NY. At present it is quite expensive, and it does not seem that Cunard are offering any incentives, in fact it was darn difficult to get a quote even though it is in the brochure (minus a price)

My agent tells me that there has been no reduction in the cost. I think that they might offer something to those doing the middle 10 days since they will be going out of Southampton.

Cunard does seem to be looking the other way and pretending nothing happened

Archived