Travel Insurance

Twice-a-year

Can someone tell me if cancellation insurance has to cover the entire party booked in one room or is it per person?

Let me explain. We are taking a a trip and including my daughter's boyfriend. If for some reason they break-up, could we get a refund on just his portion or does it have to be the entire room?

Thanks!

Can someone tell me if cancellation insurance has to cover the entire party booked in one room or is it per person?

Let me explain. We are taking a a trip and including my daughter's boyfriend. If for some reason they break-up, could we get a refund on just his portion or does it have to be the entire room?

Thanks!

Only the people in the group that you want to insure and pay for. For your situation you're going to want "Cancel for any Reason" option which you have to purchase w/in 14-21 days of Cruise Deposit (depending on specific insurer) -and- is usually 50% added premium. Note, when checking out the various insurers, for "Cancel for Any Reason" most do not cover 100% and most cover a smaller and smaller percentage the closer to sailaway that you cancel. Carnival (Berkely) included "Cancel for Any Reason" is a flat 75% future cruise CREDIT, and apparently you can cancel up to sailaway. ken

Please excuse my confusion (on drugs for tooth extraction today!) but are you saying that if you want to use any other carrier other than Carnival' insurance, you have to buy that insurance within 14 or 21 days of making your deposit? If so, I now have no choice but to use Carnival as I booked my cruise last year. Do I understand this correctly?

Thanks for clarifying anyone...

You only have to purchase the non-Carnival Policies w/in the 14-21 days of booking IF you want the "Waiver of Pre-Existing Conditions" coverage included -and- if you want to purchase "Cancel for any reason" option -- otherwise you can generally purchase these Policies pretty much up to sailaway.

You CAN Purchase CSA's FreestylePolicy with the "Waiver of Pre-Existing Conditions" up to the Final Payment. ken

They took great care of us last March when I found myself in surgery 2 days prior to our scheduled flight to San Juan to sail on the Victory. We received literally every penny we spent except the cost of the insurance itself. We had a pre-cruise hotel on Priceline, airfare for the 4 of us and cruise cost of 2 cabins (1 interior & 1 Balcony). Very easy and efficient, such a relief since the situation itself was extremely stressful and disappointing. I don't know if I could ever imagine not buying insurance after how easy and inexpensive it was to have!

Sorry to hear your situation--I always buy insurance but never had to use it. Glad to hear you had a good experience with it.

Archived