Help, Help--How do you paste from MS Word?

sassycassie

Help!

Have been struggling to get my act together to do a review--I have the first half done and I want to post that much right away. Problem is I composed the "masterpiece" on my MS Word program so I could use the spell check and cut and paste easily. When I went to put the thing on these boards I could find no way to paste my "copied" review to this board entry. Does anyone out there know how to get a review from Word to Board in one piece. Please help!! Retyping the whole thing (over 4 pages in Word) does not appeal to me at all.

Another way---
1. Hold your CTRL key down and press the letter A (this will highlight all you have written in Word)
2. Continue to hold the Ctrl key down, release the A key and press the C key ( this copies your writing to the clipboard on your computer)
3. Release the C key and Ctrl key, move the cursor to the space where you want to copy and again hold the Ctrl key down and press the V key. (this copies all you had copied on your clipboard to another space.)
These are the short cut keys to "copy and paste" functions.Hope this helps!!!
A retired computer teacher

Tobin:
I think there has to be something else involved. I have done as you suggested with respect to selecting and copying the Word document(the review), but when I come here to the boards to paste the copied document, the "paste" command/function is greyed out(unavailable) on the edit menu in the tool bar. Is there someway I can get that paste command to become active?

Further, when the topic entry box is open to actually enter something on the board, there doesn't seem to be a toolbar/edit menu even available. I sure hope there is a way to do this.

Has anyone actually pasted material from MS Word directly to the board? Laura or Cecilia can you help with this? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this.

Instead of using the drop down menu and clicking on paste, right click your mouse and click paste from there. That's how I copy and paste from Word.

Cecilia
[email]ladyndnver@aol.com[/email]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;02;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
My Wedding!

Thank you ALL. As you will see from the board, I was able to successfully paste the review. Your help was/is very much appreciated! I actually used the "Cntrl-V" key board system, but the right click system would work, too, I'm sure. That really helps. Now I have to go to work on the rest of the review. Again, thanks to you folks for the help.

sassycassie

Archived