Captian and CD on Grand

Palmist

It was OK, but the service in the anytime dining rooms left something to be desired. The second leg of the back-to-back had about 1,000 Concerts at Sea(Old Time Rock & Roll music) passengers. It seems this group had priority for early dining times(5:30 to 7:00pm) so they could attend their private concerts each night.

My feeling is there is no such thing as a bad cruise---some are better than others. This definitely was not one of my better cruises.

I was just on a week ago. The captain was Roger Bilton. I had a very good cruise. Be sure to check out the Alfredo's Pizzeria in the Piazza. Really nice individual gourmet pizzas.

Even though I'm not a pizza devotee', we did enjoy Alfredo's when we were on the first Grand cruise with this new venue. (TA; May, 2011).

Palmist, our email said Capt. Herriott would be our captain. He is a geat captain, we sailed with him a few years ago. I have not heard about CD, however if Billy Hygate I think he sailed with years ago on the old Royal Princess and we really liked him.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived