What to do in port at Cannes???

cruisinpatley

I was hoping to get ideas and thoughts on what to do when at the port of Cannes.

We have been there once and just stayed around the port - walked over Palais des Festivals et des Congres which was nice but not much to see?

Is Musée de la Mer worth going to (Man in the Iron Mask)?

How about: Nice (market of the old city)?

Saint-Paul?

La Turbie?

Eze?, or

Monte-Carlo?

I checked with a private driver and to go to all is 600 € (euros), is this worth it?

Thanks

I was hoping to get ideas and thoughts on what to do when at the port of Cannes.

We have been there once and just stayed around the port - walked over Palais des Festivals et des Congres which was nice but not much to see?

Is Musée de la Mer worth going to (Man in the Iron Mask)?

How about: Nice (market of the old city)?

Saint-Paul?

La Turbie?

Eze?, or

Monte-Carlo?

I checked with a private driver and to go to all is 600 € (euros), is this worth it?

Thanks

There is so much info re what to do from Cannes on this board and some really recent...just scroll some of the pages here and you will find a wealth of information.

If you are interested in going to Nice you can simply walk to the Cannes train station (assuming you can handle a nice walk) and grab the train to Nice (this same train TER regional train line spans the entire coast and is relatveily cheap). Instead of spending over 600 Euros for a car you will spend less then $50 for transportation and probably get to Nice faster then in the car. Besides Nice there are many other places you can go from Cannes including just about anyplace all the way to Monte Carlo (also easily accessed by the TER train). The train is like a commuter train, has no reservations, and generally runs at least once per hour (often twice an hour).

Of course another option is to simply rent a car (you will save about 500 Euros over a private car/driver) and just drive to wherever you please just like at home.

Hank

Archived