Carnival Freedom 6 Day Review with Pictures 01/22/2012

navybaby1113

I will be on the Freedom for the third time in August. I must say, I think this might be the best review I have ever read. It was so good I almost forgot I even cruised the Freedom already:confused:. I cant wait to take it again.Thank you so much for the time you put into this review. It was appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words. We're looking at possibly doing another cruise on the Freedom. We loved it that much!

Oh I have two questions. Usually Carnival cruises have mexican night party. It usually starts around 11. Did they have that? Also I noticed you said earlier that there was no midnight meals on the lido deck. There were instead light snacks elsewhere. Was this during the whole cruise? I asked because my husband and son enjoy going up to the Lido late at night for a burger and cookies to go

I don't remember ever seeing a Mexican deck party this cruise. I just asked my husband and he said he didn't remember it either.

Yes, the light snacks were throughout the entire cruise. I also love going up to the Lido late at night to grab some fries and pizza. Was pretty disappointed they didn't have that.

I don't remember ever seeing a Mexican deck party this cruise. I just asked my husband and he said he didn't remember it either.

Yes, the light snacks were throughout the entire cruise. I also love going up to the Lido late at night to grab some fries and pizza. Was pretty disappointed they didn't have that.

There was a party on the Lido the last night of the cruise, it started around 11pm. I'm not sure if it was a Mexican party though, but they did end up forming a long Congo line and there was plenty of dancing.

I thought the pizza bar was open all night. I went up there one night at 4am and got a slice. It was pretty greasy so I did not bother getting anymore.

I know you said you took 1000 pictures. I really would like to see all the pools, hot tubs and the spa if you have any? I saw one of a band by the pool and one with the slide in the background and two hot tubs. But if you have any others, I would love to see them!

Great review. Thanks

There was a party on the Lido the last night of the cruise, it started around 11pm. I'm not sure if it was a Mexican party though, but they did end up forming a long Congo line and there was plenty of dancing.

I thought the pizza bar was open all night. I went up there one night at 4am and got a slice. It was pretty greasy so I did not bother getting anymore.

There was pizza and room service 24/7. Other than that though, the only other food available late at night (11-1am I think were the hours) were the snacks at the sushi bar.

I really missed having the grill open late at night.

I know you said you took 1000 pictures. I really would like to see all the pools, hot tubs and the spa if you have any? I saw one of a band by the pool and one with the slide in the background and two hot tubs. But if you have any others, I would love to see them!

Great review. Thanks

Hmm...this looks like the only picture I have of the pool/hot tubs. This was the mid-ship pool.

426618_10101466260528993_5230340_74495955_1766123669_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just to verify there is no 24 hour pizza and ice cream station? My kids will be bummed but oh well. Everything looks so great. We leave April 1 and it cannot come soon enough now! Thanks for your review.

There is 24 hour pizza and ice cream.

Hi Navybaby, Thank you so much for posting the pictures of your room. I just booked our 6th cruise for me and my husband. First time on the Freedom, 6th time with Carnival. We are booked in the same shaped room on the other side of the ship, same floor. Question? Was there steps right outside your room? Thanks, Meandmyhoneygoneagain from Clearwater FL

Thank you so much for your review so far. We are on the Freedom in less than three weeks. I am getting so excited reading and looking at your photos.

Did you happen to snap copies of the daily menus? Finding menus for the 6 day cruise is next to impossible.

Your room sure was good sized.

Looking forward to reading more as you post.

Mainescout,

We will be on the Freedom in 3 weeks as well!! We are so excited!!!

Hi Navybaby, Thank you so much for posting the pictures of your room. I just booked our 6th cruise for me and my husband. First time on the Freedom, 6th time with Carnival. We are booked in the same shaped room on the other side of the ship, same floor. Question? Was there steps right outside your room? Thanks, Meandmyhoneygoneagain from Clearwater FL

They're crew steps and behind a closed door. The only time we go to use them was during the muster drill.

You're going to love the room!